10th October 2012, 11:56 PM
neha saini 05

Can I get a government job after scoring 76% in 10th, 59.8% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech with computer science engineering

can i get government jobs with 76% in 10th,59.8% in 12th and 70% in b.tech with computer science engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the best government job in computer science engineering?
  2. Can I get a government job after scoring 80% in Computer Science and Engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%?
  4. Having less than 60% in 10th and 12th will become a barrier to get job after B.Tech? -- [New]
  5. Job in IT companies if have got 71.60% in 10th, 60.83% in 12th, 67.33% in BSc Computer Science and 1 backlog in 1st semester of MSc Computer Science?
  6. Am i eligible to get a job at TCS after scoring 64% in B.Tech, 58% in 12th and 77% in 10th
  7. How to get a government job after doing computer science and engineering?
  8. How can I get a government job after B.E in computer science engineering
  9. Government Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  10. After passing B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering with 2nd class marks how to get government job?
  11. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?
  12. Opportunities available to get a job in Infosys after scoring 57.6% in 10th, 62.6% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?
  13. Will I be able to get Job being a candidate having secured above 75% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech having a gap of 4 years?
  14. Can I do B.Com after Diploma in Computer Science? Will I get government job after this?
  15. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering?
  16. What is the selection procedure for getting a job in Government Bank after B.Tech Computer Science? What is the eligibility criteria? How many jobs are there in Government Banks for B.Tech CSE students?
  17. Are there any government jobs available for computer science engineers? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
11th October 2012, 07:30 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a government job after scoring 76% in 10th, 59.8% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech with computer science engineering

You are definitely eligible for the government jobs related Engineering courses. There are basically two options for Engineers in the government sector.

1. Indian Engineering Service

2. Public Sector Undertaking

Unfortunately you are not eligible for the Indian Engineering Service because Computer Science Engineers are not allowed to appear for the exam. Therefore the only option in front of you is Public Sector Undertakings.

PSUs are the companies which are controlled by the government. In the Public Sector Undertakings, govt is the major stakeholder.

Each Public Sector Undertaking issues notification for jobs for B.Tech graduates. These jobs are for Engineering students in various streams like"

Mechanical

Civil

Electronics and Communication

Electrical

Computer Science

The admission is given through a entrance exam. You can appear for the entrance exam which includes a written test followed by an Interview.

Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

3. A minimum of 60 percent marks.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

5. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. Age limit is extended by 5 years for SC/ST

List of PSU

BHEL

ISRO

BEL

NTPC

BSNL

MTNL

ONGC

IOCL

DRDO
11th October 2012, 01:45 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get a government job after scoring 76% in 10th, 59.8% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech with computer science engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by neha saini 05 View Post
can i get government jobs with 76% in 10th,59.8% in 12th and 70% in b.tech with computer science engineering?
Dear,

Yes, your marks are in the eligibility criteria to apply in any government sector. Since IES is not for computer science students you can go for PSUs like:
  1. DRDO
  2. ISRO
  3. RAILWAYS
  4. IOCL
  5. SAIL
  6. HAL
  7. BARC
  8. BEL
  9. ONGC
  10. MTNL

IOCL and BARC accepts GATE score for their recruitment process so you can go for GATE if you want to apply for it and rest of the PSUs announce their exams according to the vacancies in them from June to November every year.

If you want to go in civil services you have to do extra hard work as you have to prepare two subjects which are not of your field from the list of optional subjects for it and then you can write UPSC exams for different posts ranging from Steno to high level posts like IAS and IPS.

You can even go in banking sector in different public setor banks such as:
  1. SBI
  2. OVERSEAS BANK
  3. PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
...etc

So you can apply wherever you want and where you have more interest.

GOOD LUCK!
7th November 2012, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

can i get a govt job having an aggregate of 59.82% in engineering
11th July 2013, 04:15 PM
pinksony

Hello dear...

Yes you have chances for government jobs.....compared to private you have only few government jobs for computer science engineers....

You have two two government sector jobs:
1.ies(india engineering service)
2.psu(public sector undertaking)

as your computer science engineer...you have only one chance that is you can go for psu jobs.....

Not only government job you have many good comnpanies under private.....

It is totally based on you.....as your b.tech percentage is good....you have many opportunities....even you need to have good communiucation and technical skills.....

All the best...
11th July 2013, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

I have 59.8% in b.com degree can I get Govt bank job?
11th July 2013, 10:45 PM
harishbanu

Hai, you want to know about governement jobs for CSE.
There are many government organisations that are available and which recruits the computer science students are
1. ECIL(Electronics Corporation Limited)
2. BHEL
3. BEL
4. ISRO
5.DRDO
6. IBPS
7. UPSC
8. APPSC.
The scope for CSE student in private sector is very high, if you in private sector then you can get high salary and promotions also there.The salary in private companies is depends upon you skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?