22nd June 2012, 08:11 PM
karthika nidarshana

Any related jobs or competitive exams for getting government jobs? I am final year CSE student

I am final year CSE student, Is there any related jobs or competative exams for getting gov jobs available at this time?

Related Questions:
  1. Best government jobs available after doing B.Tech CSE with 75%?
  2. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in CSE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for?
  3. What type of job will I get after and what will be the package in IT sector?
  4. Jobs related to biotechnology field after doing B.Tech in Biotechnology? -- [New]
  5. Which exams to answer to enter in government jobs? Names of the government jobs and coaching institutes available?
  6. Is there any competitive exam to get government jobs after completing B.E.?
  7. Railway jobs availability after B.Tech in ECE and group entrance exams for the same?
  8. what should a B.Tech(CSE) final year student do to get a government or PSU jobs? Various vacancies available in field of CSE?
  9. What are the available government jobs for B.Tech (CSE) students?
  10. Is there any opportunity to join Government jobs after completing B.E in CSE from Anna University? Any entrance exams to be answered? List of all government exams?
  11. List of government jobs available for a B.Tech(CSE) final year student with 72% marks?
  12. Any government jobs other banks while doing B.E in CSE(Final year)? Eligibility criteria for those exams?
  13. For what entrance exams am I applicable to get government jobs? Types of entrance exams for which I need to apply for better jobs?
  14. Are there any government jobs for biotechnology engineers? Which are the companies related to it?
  15. List of government jobs in Andhra Pradesh after completing B.Tech 3rd year CSE?
  16. How can I approach the software jobs after passing B.Tech CSE? Details about the entrance exams?
  17. Available Government Jobs after completion of BE in CSE?
  18. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in ECE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for? -- [Most Discussed]
14th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Any related jobs or competitive exams for getting government jobs? I am final year CSE student

Hi dear..

Well, Generally there are very less jobs (or I may say near to nil jobs) in Govt. Sector for a CSE student.

So, you should go for a Private firm. Moreover, it is recommended to first complete your M.Tech and then go for a job in Private companies like TCS, Infosys, DELL International, HCL, Hp, etc. If you are good at programming then also give papers of Google and Facebook.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
15th October 2012, 10:34 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any related jobs or competitive exams for getting government jobs? I am final year CSE student

There are plenty of jobs that you can apply for. However since you are in final year, I would suggest completing the Computer Science Engineering. After which you will be able to appear for several entrance exams for jobs in government sector.

Although there are various options for you but since you are B.Tech student the best possible option in job in Public Sector Undertaking. You will have to appear for entrance exams conducted by the Public Sector Undertakings. Each one conducts its own entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. A B.tech degree from a recognized university.

2. At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

3. There should be no pending backlog.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. Age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

6. Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST.

List of PSU

BHEL

BEL

ISRO

DRDO

NTPC

IOCL

BPCL

MTNL

BSNL

Each company issues a notification of the exam. You will have to check whether there are vacancies for the Computer Science Engineers before applying. I would recommend that you appear for GATE exam since some PSUs may ask for it.

Exam Pattern

1) Written Exam

2) Interview
15th October 2012, 01:46 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Any related jobs or competitive exams for getting government jobs? I am final year CSE student

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthika nidarshana View Post
I am final year CSE student, Is there any related jobs or competative exams for getting gov jobs available at this time?
Dear,

CSE students from good engineering college or with excellent academic records are recruited by many top IT companies at high salary package which ranges from 3 lakh per annum to 10 lakh per annum according to the company.

But for job security and different allowance students wants to go in PSUs and even many IT professional leave their job for this. Getting in any PSU is really good and secure as per the professional life is concerned. As a fresher you can appear for different PSU exams if you satisfy following criteria:
  1. You should have at least 60% marks in your engineering.
  2. Age should not be more than 27 years( different for different PSUs).
  3. You should be a citizen of India.

You can also write GATE for getting job in PSUs.

PSUs that announces there own exam for CSE students are:
  1. BARC
  2. DRDO
  3. NHPC
  4. ISRO
  5. BEL
  6. DMRC
  7. UPCL
  8. MTNL
  9. ONGC
  10. HAL

PSUs that recruit CSE students on the basis of GATE scores are:
  1. IOCL
  2. BARC

You can apply for PSUs after completing your engineering when you will have your final year results and for GATE you can appear being in your final year of engineering.

Best of luck!
15th October 2012, 03:21 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

The different government companies for computer science students are as follows:-

DRDO
BARC
ONGC
ISRO
NIC
IGDR
UPSC EXAM
BSNL JTO

the private sector company are as follows:-
TCS
CTS
IBM
HP
L&T
ALUNUS
WIPRO etc.

GOOD LUCK
15th October 2012, 09:00 PM

hello,

Presently there are very less jobs in Govt. Sector for a CSE student.
So, you should go for a Private firm. And it is recommended to first complete your M.Tech and then go for a job in Private companies like TCS, Infosys, DELL International, HCL, Hp, etc.

You can also write GATE for getting job in PSUs.
PSUs that announces their own exam for CSE students are:
  • BARC
  • DRDO
  • NHPC
  • ISRO
  • BEL
  • DMRC
  • UPCL
  • MTNL
  • ONGC
  • HAL
13th May 2013, 02:39 PM
hetal prajapati

Any realed job or competitive exam for getiting goverment job.i am student of msw
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?