21st May 2020, 07:34 AM
Hafsa Irfan

Can I get into banking sector with a Master's degree in Mathematics?

Hi, I'm almost done with the degree of M.Sc Mathematics. Before that I did B.Sc in Double Mathematics and Computer Sciences. I want to know that whether I am eligible for any job in the bank field easily or not? Please let me know.

23rd May 2020, 06:01 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get into banking sector with a Master's degree in Mathematics?

The eligible to appear in the banking examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in the examination.

The age limit varies with examination.

So, you can appear for Clerk and PO recruitment examination.

For more information visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
23rd May 2020, 06:18 PM
Padmashree K S

Default Re: Can I get into banking sector with a Master's degree in Mathematics?

Yes, You are eligible for Bank jobs but you need to clear banking exams. Both SSC and BANK PO are certainly good for you.
23rd May 2020, 08:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required for the candidates to get into Banks is Graduation.

Since you have already completed Graduation and about to complete your Post Graduation, you are surely eligible to get bank job.

If it is public sector bank, then you need to crack Entrance Exam and Interview. It is difficult to get the job as there is heavy competition.

But in private sector banks, it is easy to get the job. Based on Interview, you can get job directly.

Entry level positions in Banks are Clerks and Probationary officers.

I suggest you to have preparation from Coaching Institute and get job in public sector bank.
25th May 2020, 03:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your undergraduation and postgraduation degree in Mathematics, you are definitely eligible for getting into banking sectors for the posts of bank Clerk and bank Probationary officer as far as the educational requirement for these posts are concerned.

Further, for getting placed at these posts in nationalized bank of India, you are required to qualify bank examinations held by SBI, IBPS, or other concerned banks and therefore for getting updates regarding upcoming vacancies for the same posts, you can refer to the link www.sbi.co.in and www.ibps.in.
27th May 2020, 07:54 PM
jinalmalu

Post Re: Can I get into banking sector with a Master's degree in Mathematics?

The eligible to seem within the banking examination is that candidate need to have handed bachelor degree from a known university.

there's no dilemma on subject of bachelor diploma to appear inside the exam.

The age restriction varies with examination.

So, you could appear for Clerk and PO recruitment exam.

For extra statistics go to at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?