28th November 2022, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Can I give CAT 2023 and get admission in IIM?

As I am pursuing BBA from an online university Amity university. The university is so late to conduct exams n all. So because of that my graduation will not be complete on time and as stated prior to admission. At the time of CAT 2023 i will be in my 4th semester but its exam would be still remaining. So i have the question that will i be able to give CAT in 2023 and get into an IIM in 2024. As per my analysis my graduation will over till Nov. 2024 which is late as stated by college. So i have a doubt can i give CAT and get into an IIM. Also i had joined a coaching for CAT preparation.
PLEASE HELP ME.

30th November 2022, 07:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CAT 2023 and get admission in IIM?

As far as the eligibility for appearing in CAT 2023 is concerned, you will be eligible for appearing in the same examination while being in the final year of the graduation degree course but whether your chances of getting admission in IIM or any business school in the academic session starting from 2024 is very less if you are expecting your graduation degree course result to be released by November 2024 as one is required to have completed his/her graduation degree course before pursuing MBA or PGDM courses offered by IIMs.

So, in my advise you should appear in CAT 2023 and hope that your university is able to conduct and declare your final year result on time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?