16th August 2013, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I give engineering exam after studying 4th year B.Tech Civil

I want to know can I give ies exam during my 4th yr b.tech. It takes 1 yr of time between Commencement of exam and declaration of result. Result usually declare in month of march and I will finish my b.tech in may. Or I have to wait for 1 yr for my recruitment if I give exam after finishing my 4th year.

26th June 2015, 07:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give engineering exam after studying 4th year B.Tech Civil

Yes, you are eligible to appear for all the entrance examinationof the graduation level being the B.tech 4th year candidate.

Since all the examination are conducted before the final or 8th semester. So it is impossible to get the result before it.

But the results of all the competitive examination are announced in the May or June. So the candidate who qualifies and want to get the student are eligible to get the job unless you have the final marksheet. As the candidate are eligible to get recruitment but they have to give the hard copy of the result published by the university after the result announced.

So you are eligible to apply for the examination even your final semester examination or marksheet is not published.
27th June 2015, 08:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services. This exam is also called Engineering Services exam. It is one the most suitable exam for engineers to get into different government departments.

This exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria:

Any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university is eligible to appear for the exam. Even final year candidates can apply for the exam.

So there is nothing to worry, you can give engineering services exam in fourth year of civil engineering.

This exam is conducted only in four streams:

1. Civil Engineering.

2. Mechanical Engineering.

3. Electronics and Communication Engineering.

4. Electrical Engineering.

The age limit is 21-30 years for candidates of general category. Relaxation of three years to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates. There is no limit on number of attempts.

For any more details about this exam, you can visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission www.upsc.gov.in.
28th June 2015, 02:54 PM
unique99

Yes you are eligible for your desired engineering services.IES(Indian Engineering Services)is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.An engineering Graduate or a final year candidate can apply for the IES.

1.Civil Engineering.
2.Mechanical Engineering
3.Electronics and communication Engineering.
4.Electrical Engineering.

Students of above streams eligible to write the IES Entrance Examination.

1.Age:21-32 years, 2.OBC:21-35 years, 3.S/C S/T: 21-37 years.

2.Must be the citizen of India.

3.Attempts: General: 6 attempts. 2.OBC:- 8 attempts. 3.S/C S/T: Unlimited.

As you belong to Civil engineering then no problem you can sit for the desired engineering exam.following above guidelines.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?