6th June 2012, 06:58 PM
ankit24051994

Can I give improvement exam after failing in 3 subjects in class 12th?

sir i failed in 3 subjects in class 12th this year..i want to know can i give improvement exam now??
plz reply sir

11th August 2012, 08:35 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I give improvement exam after failing in 3 subjects in class 12th?

Hello,
Don't worry, you can definitely clear your backlogs given a second chance. I do not quite know what you mean here by improvement examinations. But one thing I want to mention that you cannot take your 12th examination and think it to be similar to the system followed in semester examinations. In semester wise examinations you can clear your supply papers by sitting for it again along with your current semester examinations.
But for your +2 or 12th standard examination this system is not true. What you need here is to give the examination once again the next year for the back papers. The moment you clear them your 12th standard will be cleared fully. So you will have to invest one more year for these 3 papers. Study hard and clear them in the next year. Best of Luck.
17th May 2013, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I give improvement exam after failing in 3 subjects in class 12th?

Sir i failed in 1 subject in class 12th this year
And i want atleast 50% bt i had not got
Tell me if i can give re exam of one subject
30th May 2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
Can I give an improvement test for 12 th ,when I already fail in 1 subject.
Pls reply on urgent basis.

BR//
Arvind
31st May 2013, 06:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Improvement Exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for the Class 12th pass students. This is the last opportunity for the students to improve their marks in 12th for better future,

Marks obtained in 12th are very critical. Any course you apply for after 12th, your marks in 12th will be considered. Whether its Engineering, MBBS, LLB, B.Pharma etc.

Even some post graduation courses will consider your marks in 12th. Classic example is Master of Business Administration from IIMs. While its the CAT exam which is required to be cleared for admission in IIM, the marks obtained in 12th are considered by some colleges.

After completing college, when you will apply for the job in some company, the marks in 12th will come into play. Several companies want candidates to maintain certain percentage throughout their academic career. For example several IT companies want candidates to have 60 percent marks in 10th, 12th, graduation etc.

This is why the Improvement Exam is very critical. The forms are made available during August/September for this exam. The forms can be obtained from selected branches of Syndicate Bank.

It is important that you apply for exam in same year in which your result of 12th standard was released. Otherwise you can not appear for the exam. It is also recommede that candidates appear for all the subjects. Since you will have given a separate marksheet, its better to give exams for all the subjects to carry only 1 marksheet instead of 2.

But all this is irrelevant for you because Improvement Exam not an option, as far as you are concerned. The improvement exam is conducted to improve marks in subjects which you have passed.

You can not appear to improve your marks in subjects that you have failed. Therefore unfortunately the answer to your question is No. Since you have failed in 3 subjects, there is no option for you but to reappear for Class 12th.
1st June 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

I have failed in physics and maths ,can I also give this 2 subjects in march 2014 rather than October??
5th August 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

what is the last date to fill imporvement form for cbse 2012-13 exam &for how many subject i can give improvement
7th August 2013, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit24051994 View Post
sir i failed in 3 subjects in class 12th this year..i want to know can i give improvement exam now??
Plz reply sir
yaaaa... U can give but its better to repeat 12again....... Good luck.
9th December 2013, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

can i give improvement exam in three subjects
11th June 2014, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

i failed in three subjects hsc science and now i want to give my rexams in october so can i appear for all the subjects in the month of october to get only one single marksheet instead of two
21st May 2016, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

What to do if one fails in 3 subjects in 12 board?
26th February 2019, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I give improvement exam in Maharashtra State board if I failed in 12th from Maharashtra State board
30th May 2019, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in 2 subjects this year in my 12 sci. I need a 60 prcnt overall percentage to join merchant navy also I need a 65 percentage pcm for the same.I have failed in maths and physics. My question is after giving the re exam for maths and physics if I dont secure a 65 percent for pcm can I again give the improvement exam in Feb? Please help
30th July 2020, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in 2(chemistry and mathematics)subject in class 12 can I give improvement exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?