28th February 2011, 08:49 PM
Pk991231

If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

Sir/mam, i am presently studying in class 12th and will give my 12th cbse board this year. I am not sure whether i will pass or fail. I only simply wanted to know if a candidate like me fails this year, ie, in 2011 xii th cbse board exam, can he reappear for 12th board next year and able to give iit jee exam next year. What are criteria for failing in 12th board. Plz give my answer. Other

17th March 2011, 02:09 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

Yes you can apply for the IIT JEE exam after passing the 12th board
exam. If a candidate is failed in his/her 12th board exam then in that
case such candidate is not eligible to apply for the IIT JEE exam
for that year.

Candidate can apply for the IIT JEE exam after passing the
supplementary exam. A candidate should also have to score
at least passing marks to apply for the IIT JEE exam.

So don't worry you can apply for the IIT JEE exam after passing
the 12th supplementary exam. So you can apply for IIT JEE
exam after the completion of 12th.

For more information visit the web site given below:
http://www.iitjee.org
17th March 2011, 02:37 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

Hiiiii,

YES, you are eligible to appear for IIT-JEE exam next academic year, If you fail 12th class.

There is NO any Criteria for failing in 12th board, you make a GAP certificate or affidavit.

Good Luck
17th March 2011, 03:04 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

Yes your are eligible for IIT JEE examination,because their is no such type of restriction to apply for the IIT JEE exam.

If you pass or fail,that makes differs after your results given by the IIT JEE exam.

Suppose if you qualify in IIT JEE exam,you can take admission,if you clear your 12th standard subjects.

I suggest you to think in positive.So that you get success in the future.

ALL THE BEST
17th March 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I've a compartment in physics.Am I eligivle to qualify for IIT-JEE????
And when will supplementary clearance result out???? When JEE hold counselling????
17th March 2011, 03:22 PM
Shine_14

Yes sure you can apply for IIT JEE after you have cleared your class 12th ,
but in case you fail in the 12th exam you can not appear for IIT JEE, You have to first clear the 12th exams or you wont be eligible for the IIT JEE
so all i can suggest that you should prepare well and first priority should be class 12th for you because you can only appear for IIT JEE if you clear your 12th exam.
So do not worry and prepare for the 12th exam first of all.
17th March 2011, 04:08 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

If you prepare well then why will you fail at all.
Dont even bring that thought in your mind, and Im sure you will fare well in the boards exams and easily get through.

But anyway, if you have a doubt, then after your results come and it shows that you did not pass, then you have to give a compartmental exam.

If you clear in that exam, then you can give the IIT-JEE exam in 2012.

SO dont worry, study hard and dont worry about the results, leave the rest to GOD.
Our aim should be work hard, results is not in our hand.So we should do best what we can.

Good Luck!
17th March 2011, 04:39 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

for that year.
17th March 2011, 05:08 PM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Smile Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

YA SURE you can apply for IIT exam next year if passed.
may you can pass this and apply for this..

ALL THE BEST.
17th March 2011, 06:08 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

Hello friend,

If a candidate is failed in his/her 12th board exam then in that
for that year.

supplementary exam.

good luck
17th March 2011, 07:18 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

yes, you can apply for IITJEE exam after passing the 12th Board exam.
candidate can apply for IIT JEE exam after passing the Supplementary Exam.
A candidate should also have to score atleast pass marks to apply for IIT JEE exam.
Suppose If A Candidate fails in 12th Board then he is not eligible for that year.

So dont worry you can apply for IIT JEE exam after passing 12th board exam in next academic year.

Keep in Mind for getting seat in top colleges you need to score good marks in IIT JEE.
I believe you that you can do it by doing hard work and concentrate on scoring topics in syllabus and wake up early in the morning and read at that time ok.
Do hard work and Enjoy the moment of your results that top score.

All The Best
17th March 2011, 07:29 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

yes you are eligible for give the 12th exam after passing 2yr...........because that year is not count because that year you fail in any subject................

but if you passed in fail subject then you are surely eligible for IIT exam .......

but you are thinking like this what will be happen no body know..........

but you should always with positive thinking not with negative thinking...

that,s why you prepare for IIT then you easily cover 12th board............

because syllabus is same............
17th March 2011, 07:34 PM
yogs.singh

yes you can apply for the iit jee exam .

- but you can only apply for the iit next year with the 12 th board and not after that .

- if you fail in 12th then you can not take admission in iit colleges even if you crack the iit jee exam.

-in spite of repeating the 12 th class you can give the supplementary exam for those subjects in which you are fail ,this will save your one year.

- in 12th board passing marks for each subject is 33 marks out of 100 marks.
17th March 2011, 07:35 PM
rakesh11135
Junior Member+

Yes you can appear for IIT exams in 2011 but if you fails in 12th class and passed in IIT exams then you are not considered to be pass for IIT because you does not fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
But after getting passed in supplementary exams you can apply for IIT in the next year (i.e 2012) but you should have atleast 60% for general,OBC and 55% for SC,ST.
17th March 2011, 09:12 PM
mukul0094
Banned

You are giving 12th exam then you can appear in the IIT JEE- 2011 exam but if u will be fail in 12th board exam then you can not take admission in the IIT college. If you are fail in the 12th exam then you can reappear in the 12th board exam and also you can give the IIT JEE exam. If you want to any more information about IIT JEE then please see the official website of IIT.
23rd March 2011, 07:58 AM
rishika vishwakarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh11135 View Post
Yes you can appear for IIT exams in 2011 but if you fails in 12th class and passed in IIT exams then you are not considered to be pass for IIT because you does not fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
But after getting passed in supplementary exams you can apply for IIT in the next year (i.e 2012) but you should have atleast 60% for general,OBC and 55% for SC,ST.
IS 60% IS 4 INDIVIDUAL SUBJECT OR FOR OVERALL PERCENTAGE ???

tell me soon..
plzz
27th March 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

hello.... I may fail in CBSE 12th examination. can anyone guide me about what I can do in that case if I wish to appear in IIT-JEE next year, i.e. In 2012.
17th April 2011, 05:56 AM
Unregistered

If I fail my class 12 board when will I get to know?? Do I have to wait till May 22nd to know if I have failed?
18th May 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

I have failed 2011 board exams and will be giving board exams in 2012 .so can i appear for IITJEE 2012
18th May 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i do 3yrs diploma computer course, i failed hssc. .
Plz help
23rd May 2011, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

my son is failed in 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Maths, English & Hindi. what are the options for him?
1 Private exams can be given without English & Hindi ?
2 Can take different subject like Hisotry, Economics, Political Science ?
3 Practicals can be left and balance paper may be given?

please guide
26th May 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

will i be able to give medical entrance examinations,since i will be appearing for class 12 next year as a private candidate?
27th May 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

i have a compart in physics so i would like to know when the compartmental exams are helding and can i opt for any engineering college this year only after giving compartmental exam please do reply i need a guideline
28th May 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

in the cbse12th exam I was failed in three subjects. when is the next chance to write the 12 th exam?
28th May 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

i failed in 12 th cbse board can i change my subject from science to commerce and this year i was appeared from samastipur in bihar can i appear from other city in india if yes then suggest how i go for
29th May 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR,I HAVE FAIL 2 YEARS IN HSC [SCIENCE]2011 KNOW I DON,T KNOW WHAT TO DO,PLEASE KINDLY GUIDE ME
21st June 2011, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th exams with 65% but failed in maths. can, now i apply for iit exam after giving improvement exam of maths. richa patna
29th June 2011, 01:52 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
for that year.

thanks
30th June 2011, 05:52 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
for that year.

thanks
4th August 2011, 06:33 PM

yes,you can apply next year for IITJEE if you pass the next year.if you give the same result as this year then you cant go forIITJEE.

pass criteria in 12th is 30 mark in theory and 12mark in praktical--this for optional subject

30% mark in any compulsary subjects.
4th August 2011, 10:37 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

You can apply for IIT-JEE exam after you pass your 12th std exam because for applying IIT exam you must have passed in your 12th std board exam with at least 60% as aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as your subjects. But now you can't apply for the exam since you failed. Next time you try to get at least 60% in the exam.
6th August 2011, 02:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pk991231 View Post
Sir/mam, i am presently studying in class 12th and will give my 12th cbse board this year. I am not sure whether i will pass or fail. I only simply wanted to know if a candidate like me fails this year, ie, in 2011 xii th cbse board exam, can he reappear for 12th board next year and able to give iit jee exam next year. What are criteria for failing in 12th board. Plz give my answer. Other
dear friend,

The following is the eligibility criteria for IIT JEE:

1.The candidate must have passed 10+2 exam from a recognized university.

2.Candidate appearing for the final exam can also apply.

3.Candidate must be physically fit for the course.

yes , you are eligible for next year exam.

all the best
22nd August 2011, 02:25 PM
dhruv007

yes you can apply foe this exam for next two consecutive years after passing 12th board. how many attempt have you made for clearing this exam is deosn't matter.if you fail in any two subjects among 5 . then you considered be failed. if you fail in one subject then there is option left is compart.
23rd August 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

if i fail in hsc maharashtra board (science stream) practical exam but pass in practical exam then what will be my result pass or fail? plz reply it's urgent
30th August 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i fail in 12th std due to fever this year & next year i want to appear in IIT JEE. Sir i am giving my 12th exam also next year, then what should i write on the form, as appearing or what. Because last time i was an appearing candidate.
30th August 2011, 10:43 PM
kameshsriram

hi friend,

yes, you can appear for the IIT-JEE next year although you have failed this year

but prepare will for the exam with confidence

all the best...
30th August 2011, 10:44 PM
kameshsriram

hi friend,

yes, you can appear for the IIT-JEE next year although you have failed this year

but prepare will for the exam with confidence

all the best...
31st August 2011, 02:17 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,
for that year.

Thanks
31st August 2011, 02:18 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,
for that year.

Thanks
11th September 2011, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Talking Re: If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pk991231 View Post
huy mam.
31st October 2011, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

sir,
how can i prepare class 12 as well as iitjee exam plz provide me time table .
18th November 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

I am gave the exam of IIT In 2011 and i passed in 12th with 59% in 2011 and i want to complete my 12th again then i am elligible to gave IIT appering exam in 2012
22nd November 2011, 05:20 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

IIT JEE grants only two attempts to a candidate, one just after the board year, and another the following year.

Now If anybody fails in 12th boards, that means he/she would have to repeat the 12th class again. So though he/she can take the JEE attempt after the boards, but even on cracking, no graduation would be allowed to that student.

However getting a compartment is different, and you may easily clear that paper separately and then get into IIT's by sitting for the IIT JEE.

On failing one of your attempt would go waste, but the next year i.e the repeat year, one can certainly apply for JEE, provided he/she passes the exam well.

Hope this helps

All the best
28th November 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

What is the passing marks for class 12 th in jk board 2011
28th November 2011, 11:51 PM
imcoolleone

Hi dear,

for that year.

Thanks
30th November 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

how many time i can appear for the 12th exam if i fail ......????
1st December 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

i will be giving my class xii cbse board exams this year.... if by any misfortune i fail... will i get to chances of iit jee exams after completition of class xii? and tell me if i dont apply this year for iit and i pass class xii then will i get 2 consicutive chances for iit in 2012 and 2013???
21st December 2011, 05:02 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

for that year.

31st January 2012, 09:55 AM
despire007

for that year.

7th February 2012, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

i am studying in 12th and i also submit the form of iit jee 2012 sir i am not in the condition to give 12th board as well as iit jee entrance exam. i had passed 10th in 2010 .i want to study 11th and 12th again then can i also apply in iit jee entrance exam in 2014 . does the gap of four years matter ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?