23rd May 2013, 05:04 PM
shri kulkarni

Can I join Army, Navy or Air Force after passing 2nd year Mechanical engineering?

Respected sir,
I'm studying in the 2nd year of mechanical engineering. I have year down i.e I was fail in 2 nd year. then also can I join Army,Navy or Air Force???? Can I apply for UES??
Please give me answer I'm so confused about this question .

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for UES or any other officer level entry exam for Navy or Army or Air Force having a year drop in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  2. How can I join Air Force, Army or Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Can I join Indian Navy, Air Force, Army after passing diploma in mechanical with 77%
  4. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  5. After passing SSC how to join Army, Navy or Air Force?
  6. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  7. How to join Army Air Force after passing 10th class?
  8. How can I join Indian Army, Air Force or Navy after diploma in Mechanical? How to join after B.E Mechanical? What is the maximum age limit for joining defense?
  9. How can I join Air Force after doing B.E Mechanical -- [New]
  10. Career in Army, Navy or Air Force after doing Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in it?
  11. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  12. How can I join Indian Army, Navy or Air Force after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  13. How to join indian air force or navy after 12th science? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to join Indian Army, Air Force, Navy, Punjab Police after passing 12th in Arts?
  15. How to join Indian Army/Air Force/Navy after passing 12th with PCB?
  16. Can i join Air Force as a Pilot at 2nd year Electronics engineering?
  17. Which field I should choose after my 2nd PUC besides medical and engineering? I would like to join armed forces
  18. Can I join Air Force or Navy after passing 12th science?
8th May 2014, 11:58 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Army, Navy or Air Force after passing 2nd year Mechanical engineering?

Middle of the education you can't apply for Army, Navy or Air Force examination. To apply for above service you need to complete your graduation. After completing graduation or appearing in the final year of degree course you are eligible to apply for this examination. Pre-final year or 2nd year candidates are not eligible to apply for the examination. So first complete your graduation and than apply for the examination. To join Army, Navy or Air Force you need to crack the CDS Examination.

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II. CDS Exam is conducted for recruitment of Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy.

To apply for Indian Military Academy or Officer Training Academy you must have a completed your degree in any desire subject from a recognized University. Final year of degree course may also eligible. Your age should between 19-25 years.

To apply for Naval Academy or Air Force Academy you must have a completed your degree with mathematics as mandatory subjects from a recognized University. Final year of degree course may also eligible. Your age should between 19-24 years.
29th May 2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Army, Navy or Air Force after passing 2nd year Mechanical engineering?

Hi sir,
I am in second year mechanical engineering pune university.I am going to have TOM,SOM and M3 back.I was thinking to take a drop year and clear it because if go to next year it will be huge burden and i will score below 55% which will drastically affect my chances of getting admision in foreign university for MS.So sir my question is
1) Should i take a drop year.( I had also taken gap after 12th under grade improvement scheme and for IIt Jee exams.)
2)Will it affect my career.
3)If i take drop What extra course should i do in that gap year.
I am very stressed sir. I will have to take the decision in this week/
Thanx in advance.
29th May 2014, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
I am in second year mechanical engineering pune university.I am going to have TOM,SOM and M3 back.I was thinking to take a drop year and clear it because if go to next year it will be huge burden and i will score below 55% which will drastically affect my chances of getting admision in foreign university for MS.So sir my question is
1) Should i take a drop year.( I had also taken gap after 12th under grade improvement scheme and for IIt Jee exams.)
2)Will it affect my career.
3)If i take drop What extra course should i do in that gap year.
I am very stressed sir. I will have to take the decision in this week/
Thanx in advance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?