9th November 2019, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force after PUC from Commerce stream?

Hi I have completed my 2nd year of PUC from Commerce stream. So, now can I join Indian Air Force? If not, then what should I do further to be eligible to join Indian Air Force in Flying department?

11th November 2019, 10:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force after PUC from Commerce stream?

Having completed your Class 12th i.e; PUC in Commerce stream, you can join Indian Air force only as an Airmen Y group as for other entries after Class 12th, Physics and Mathematics in Class 12th is mandatory.

Further, as far as you are concerned about the possibility of joining Flying branch of Indian Airforce then for the same you need to reappear in your PUC examination but with Science stream with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

For complete details regarding different career opportunities available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
12th November 2019, 08:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

At senior secondary level, entry to Indian Air Force is done through National Defence Academy examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. To apply for Indian Air Force, you must have studied science stream with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board.

Commerce stream candidates are not eligible for NDA examination. You can apply for Indian Army. The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Unmarried male Indian citizen are eligible to apply.
12th November 2019, 08:18 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for joining Indian Air Force in Flying stream, you should have studied PUC with Physics and Mathematics.

Without Physics and Mathematics, you cannot join Indian Air Force.

Also, for joining Air force wing of NDA, you should have completed 10+2 with PCM stream. Actually, Physics and Mathematics subject is must to be eligible for Air Force and Navy wing of NDA.

Since, you are from Commerce stream, so you can apply for Army wing of NDA. For Army wing, any stream candidate (Science/Arts/Commerce) can apply.

After completing graduation, you can apply for Air Force wing through CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year twice. For appearing in this entrance exam, you should have completed graduation from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?