8th February 2020, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army after 10th and Diploma in Civil branch?

Hi, I have completed my 10th Board exams followed by Diploma in Civil Engineering. So, now am I eligible to join Indian Army in any department at any designation? If yes, then please tell me about the entry procedure.

9th February 2020, 01:27 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after 10th and Diploma in Civil branch?

At early stage, you can join Indian Army through following ways.
  • NDA (National Defence Academy)
  • TES 10+2
  • NCC

But for all these ways, you should have completed 10+2 in any stream (Arts / Commerce / Science). And, diploma holders are not eligible for applying to anyone of above entries.

So, you must complete 10+2 standard from a recognized Board to be eligible for applying to these exams.

At the end, you will have to qualify SSB Interview that is crucial stage for getting into Defence forces.
9th February 2020, 08:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

It is best to pursue 11th and 12th standard after completion your 10th standard if you are interested to join in Indian Army.
To be eligible to join in Indian Army you must have completed 12th standard from a recognised board and you need to appear in NDA examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria maintained below:-
You must be a citizen of India
You must have attained the minimum age of 16.5 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.
You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. You must be an unmarried male candidate.
You must be physically fit as per physical standards maintained in the UPSC NDA examination information.
10th February 2020, 07:40 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

One can join Indian army, after 10th technical or non technical basis.
Please note, after 10th, if you have NSS certificate (optional), you can join army as a soldier. Then with training and internal exams can move to the higher rank.
The most respected position in the Army, the officer post, one can join after they Graduate with minimum 50%. They can join IMA, if they are a Graduate and.TRA, if they are an engineering graduate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?