18th July 2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army after graduation?

Sir you kindly inform on my id that i can join indian army after graduation

24th June 2014, 04:11 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after graduation?

Yes, you can join the Indian Army after graduation by clearing the CDS exam. You can join the Technical Entry scheme and university entry scheme. You can also join Indian Military Academy or Officers Training Academy after completion of graduation. There are medical and physical standards to be met for joining the Indian Army. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should not be over 23 years of age.
5th April 2015, 12:47 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

You can only be able to give CDS entrance exam after the completion of your graduation degree course.
Only after getting a graduation certificate you will become eligible for the CDS(Combined defence service) and this exam is one of the standard exam in India as it conducted by the UPSC which mean union public service commission.

Education Qualification for the CDS (Combine defence service) is--->

Military Academy :--- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.
Air Force Academy :-- Graduations Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized University.
Naval Academy :--Graduations degree with Physics or Mathematics from a recognized University.
Officer Training Academy :-- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.

Visit the official website of UPSC which is www.upsc.nic.in to fill the CDS 2015 form to seat in the entrance exam.
11th April 2015, 09:45 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After graduation the career in Indian army or in defence is good. After completing the graduate degree course, the candidate is eligible for an officer post in the defence sector. As you know that defence job is one of the most honorable and respectable job as compared to other jobs. If you want to join defence then you must be medically and physically fit in all the respects. Male candidates can Join defence after 10th/12th examination, but female candidates can join only after completing graduation degree.

You can join the Indian Army after graduation through following entries:

1. Combined Defense Service Examination (CDS): After graduation, you can apply for CDS Examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC every year. If you want to join Indian Army as officer post, then you can select either Indian Military Academy (IMA) or Officers Training Academy (OTA) at the time of filling the application form.

~~ For IMA (Indian Military Academy) your age should between 19-24 years.
~~ For Officers Training Academy (OTA), your age should between 19-25 years.

The written examination for the same is held twice a year by UPSC. Those who cracked the written examination are eligible for SSB Interview.

2. Technical Entries: Those who have completed his B.E or B.tech (Technical degree) from a recognized university are eligible to apply for Technical Entries (TGC and SSC-Tech). Technical Graduate Course entry is only for male candidates and to apply for this entry your age should between 20-27 years.

Well, Short Services Commission (SSC-Tech) entry is for both male and female candidates, to apply for this entry age should between 20-27 years and must have completed B.E/B.tech degree.

3. University Entry Scheme (UES): Pre-Final year candidates or Final year candidates of Engineering are eligible for this entry. Your age should between 19 to 25 years (For Final year candidates) and 18 to 24 years for Pre Final Year candidates.

4. NCC Special Entries: Only for those candidates who have completed his graduation with LLB/LLM with 50% marks from a recognized university and must have 2 Years service in NCC Senior Div. Army with minimum ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam.

These are the entries after graduation to join Indian army, to get more details please visit the official website.
12th April 2015, 02:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can join Indian Army after graduation through CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam conducted by UPSC every year.

UPSC conduct CDS exam every year to recruit personnel in different wings of Indian army.These wings are

*Indian Military Academy,

*Indian Naval Academy,

*Indian Air Force Academy,

*Officer's Training Academy.

The eligibility to sit for CDS exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-For CDS exam,the age limit are following:-

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The qualification required for

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.
12th April 2015, 05:13 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# After graduation, there are ample opportunities of joining the Indian Army.

# Most popular way to join Indian Army after graduation is by cracking Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination.

# Through CDS Examination, candidate can become officer in Indian Army. Here candidate should have to join either Indian Miltary Academy (IMA) or Officer Training Academy (OTA).

# You should have below mentioned age limit for both IMA and OTA :

* 19-24 years for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* 19-25 years for Officer Training Academy (OTA)

# Through recruitment of Havildar Education in the Army Educational Corps in science and art stream. Candidate must also have B.Ed degree.

# Through University Entry Scheme (UES), candidate possessing engineering degree or B.Tech degree are eligible. Age of the candidate must be lies between 19 years to 25 years.

# For more information, you may visit the followings links:

* http://upsc.gov.in
* www.indianarmy.nic.in
* http://entrance-exam.net/forum
12th April 2015, 05:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you can definitely join Indian Army after your graduation but for that you will have go through combined defense service ( CDS ) examination conducted by union public service commission (UPSC) two times every year .

The minimum qualifications required for appearing in this examination are :-

--You must have done your graduation from any of the stream of your choice from a recognized university .But for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air force academy your graduation must be with science stream .Final year students are also eligible .

--The age limit for different are for different wings as given below :-

i) For Indian Naval Academy ( Age limit :- 19 years to 22 years ).

ii) For Indian Air force academy .(Age limit :- 19 years to 23 years ).

iii) For Indian Military Academy .( Age limit :- 19 years to 24 years ).

iv) For Indian Officer's Training Academy (Age limit :- 19 years to 25 years ).

--You must be physically and mentally fit as per the requirement of examination.

For joining in Indian Army you can apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Officer's Training Academy .

For further details log on to official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
12th April 2015, 09:09 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course, there are so many opportunities for you to join Indian army after graduation.

1. Combined Defense Services entrance exam:

It is conducted two times every year by UPSC. Any candidate who has done bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for the exam.

The age limit for Indian Military Academy is 19-24 years.

If you want any more details about CDS: click here .

2. In final year of bachelor's degree or even after bachelor's degree completion you can appear for the following entries that will give you chance to join Indian army.

~~Technical graduate Cadre entry scheme.

~~SSC Tech for Men and Women.

For more details about these entries, you can visit the official website of Indian army www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
13th April 2015, 05:28 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Army after Graduation through CDS exam.

CDS stand for Combined Defence Service.

Combined Defence Service exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

CDS exam is conducts for following wings:- Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Airforce, Officer's Training Academy.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Military Academy :-

Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.

Candidate should be complete Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 19 years to 24 years.

There is no age relaxation for CDS exam.

Selection process:-

- Written exam,

- Personal interview,

- Medical test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?