18th September 2019, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy if I did 12th from Humanities stream?

Can I join Indian Navy after class 12th? I have completed my Intermediate from Humanities stream. If not, then what should I do further to become eligible and join Indian Navy?

23rd September 2019, 12:14 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy if I did 12th from Humanities stream?

For recruitment in Indian Navy it is compulsory to have Mathematics and Physics in std 12th.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination for recruitment in Indian Navy without the PCM.

The age limit and selection procedure varies with different entry. Candidates with PCM qualification in std 12th can appear for NDA for final selection.
23rd September 2019, 04:53 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for joining Indian Navy, you should have completed 10+2 with PCM stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).

For this, you will have to qualify NDA exam that contains Written Test followed by Personal Interview.

But since, you have completed 10+2 from Humanities stream, so currently you are not eligible for NDA exam. However, in future, you can complete graduation and then apply for CDS exam. Through CDS exam, you can apply for Indian Navy.
23rd September 2019, 08:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you can’t join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard from Humanities stream. To be eligible to join Indian Navy, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a government recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years and should be an unmarried male candidate to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?