16th June 2014, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Humanities passed candidate?

Sir,
My name is Ajomon Varghese. I was completed my +2 in Humanities group and i'm intrested in joining Indian navy. Is it possible to join in Indian Navy with this qualification or i need any more qualification?

29th June 2014, 09:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Humanities passed candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
My name is Ajomon Varghese. I was completed my +2 in Humanities group and i'm intrested in joining Indian navy. Is it possible to join in Indian Navy with this qualification or i need any more qualification?

Indian Navy is one of the Defence force of India and for joining in this force you need to apply for the entrance exam related to the force with the qualification which you possess.

After having completed +2 in Humanities group, you are eligible for applying for the entrance exam to join in the force and the exam which you need to apply is the NDA Exam and it stands for National Defence Academy and this exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held twice in a year.

The eligibility which is needed to be satisfied to apply for the exam are:

Nationality:

>> The candidate should have a Citizenship in India

Martial Status:

>> Unmarried male candidate is only eligible for applying for the NDA Exam

Age Limit:

>> The needed age limit is 16 1/2-19 years

Education qualification:

>> The needed education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.

Physical Standard:

>> It is very much needed that the candidate should be physically fit.

The candidate who satisfies all these above mentioned criteria is eligible for applying for the NDA Exam to join in Indian Navy.

The selection procedure for the NDA exam is:
  • Written Test
  • Interview

The Written exam will consist of 2 subjects such as Maths and General Ability Test and the duration for the exam for each is 2 1/2 Hours.The marks for Maths is 300 & General ability is 600.

Regards
~Jxsab~
10th May 2015, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Humanities passed candidate?

If i just pass the 12th exam what is the possibilityibl for joining the Indian navy
17th June 2017, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir, My name is ummer farooq. I was completed my 2 in Humanities group and i'm interested in joining Indian navy. Is it possible to join in Indian Navy with this qualification or i need any more qualification
14th August 2017, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I am studying with Humanities. Though i have maths as my subject but i don't have physics so can i apply for the merchant navy or Indian navy course?
30th March 2019, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I am studying with humanities can I join Indian army and yes I have maths as well
22nd April 2022, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

I AM TOFIN IN 10TH I GOT FULL A NOW IAM STUDING 1 HUMANITIES CAN I JOIN IN NAVY AFTER 12TH
27th April 2022, 10:51 PM
HansAnkhiya

Since you have completed 12th standard with Humanities stream and if you had pursued Mathematics and Physics subjects, then, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination and you can join in Indian Navy else you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination and you cannot join in Indian Navy.
14th June 2023, 08:42 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, it is possible to join the Indian Navy after completing 12th in the Humanities stream. While many entry schemes require a science or engineering background, there are some avenues available for candidates from the Humanities stream as well. Here are a few options:

Indian Navy Sailor Entry: You can apply for the Indian Navy Sailor entry as a Sailor (Musician) or as a Matric Recruit (MR) in various trades such as Chef, Steward, or Sanitary Hygienist. The eligibility criteria typically include age limit, educational qualifications (which may vary depending on the specific sailor entry), and physical fitness standards. You will need to appear for a written examination, followed by a physical fitness test and medical examination.

Indian Navy Civilian Posts: The Indian Navy offers civilian positions in various departments. These positions may be suitable for candidates with a Humanities background, such as those related to administration, logistics, education, legal services, and more. You can explore civilian job vacancies and their eligibility requirements on the official Indian Navy website or employment news portals.

Short Service Commission (SSC) Officer Entry: You can apply for the Short Service Commission entry as an officer in the Indian Navy. While certain officer entry schemes may prefer candidates with science or engineering backgrounds, there are also opportunities for Humanities graduates. For example, you can consider entry through the Indian Navy Direct Entry, University Entry Scheme (UES), or the Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET). The eligibility criteria typically include a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and age limit. The selection process may involve a written examination, interview, and medical examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?