19th May 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I keep chinese(Mandarin) language and history as my optional subjects in UPSC exam?

can i keep chinese(mandarin)language and history as my optional subjects in UPSC exam?

30th June 2015, 10:30 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I keep chinese(Mandarin) language and history as my optional subjects in UPSC exam?

# Here it seems that you want to know about UPSC Examination i.e. IAS/IPS Examination.

# UPSC offers list of subjects/languages in which one has to opt two of them for civil service examination.

# You have expressed the wish to choose History for civil service examination. There is no problem for you while choosing subject History. But you may not allowed to choose Chinese language for above said examination. Only few Indian language are allowed for said examination. You should have to look at another language or subject.

# Required educational qualification, age limit and other eligibility conditions are:

* Must be Indian national.
* Must be graduated in any discipline.
* Candidate in the final year of graduation are also eligible.
* Age limit prescribed for examination is 21-30 years.
* However, there is relaxation in upper age by 5 years for SC/ST category, 3 years for OBC category.
* Only 7 number of attempts reserved for OBC category.
* Only 4 number of attempts reserved for Unreserved/General category.
* There is no any restriction on number of attempts for SC/ST category.

# Pattern or scheme of examination:

* Preliminary Examination (Civil Service Aptitude Test).
* Mains Examination.
* Personal interview by UPSC panel.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?