5th November 2017, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Can I reach my goal to become an IAS if I am weak in mathematics?

Hi, I am in standard 8th and I want to prepare for IAS exams but I am little weak in mathematics does it affect my preparation. Can you please give me the details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Thank you!

6th November 2017, 10:51 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I reach my goal to become an IAS if I am weak in mathematics?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is nothing to do with mathematics paper in examination. The examination paper contains questions of General studies( Social Studies, Current Affairs, Science ) etc.

So, you just need to be an average candidate to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Candidates are also eligible to select optional paper other discipline paper in bachelor degree.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2017, 12:14 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is not one of the compulsory subjects for Civil Services examination. You need to focus more on social science subjects like History, Political Science, Economy, Geography.

You should start your preparation from right now by study these subjects from 6th standard. Only graduates or those in final year of bachelor's degree can apply for exam.

The minimum age limit to apply for exam is 21 years.
6th November 2017, 07:52 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can reach your goal even if you are weak in Mathematics.

Mathematics is not the compulsory subject for becoming IAS or applying for Civil Services Exam.

In case, if you feel yourself weak in Mathematics then you choose Commerce or Arts stream after 10th standard.

After that, you can prepare for Civil Services accordingly while pursuing your graduation.

There will be three stages to crack Civil Services Exam:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

In Preliminary Exam, subjects like English, General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude questions are asked. Questions will be Objective type.

While for Main Exam, you will have to choose your subjects and it will be subjective in nature.
6th November 2017, 08:25 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can definitely reach your goal of becoming Indian Administrative Services officer even if you are weak in mathematics. But you should know that mathematics does not play a vital role unless you opt for Mathematics as optional subject.

Generally, you should have good command command over mathematics upto standard 10th. There is a quote "Early begun is half done". You should start your preparation now on wards. Minimum academic qualification required is bachelor's degree.

You should develop a habit of reading daily newspaper.
6th March 2020, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

i am weak in science can i apply in upsc exams?
9th January 2021, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Hii...M supriya based on kolkata city,M doing 12th from NIOS...I have eng,hindi, computer, Accountancy, economics, Buisness studies as my subject nd I want to do BCA after 12th... anyone can tell me that I can pursue bca or not?nd I hve not math in my subjects...
6th September 2021, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

I wanted to ask that in objective all questions are from math ? And if not all of math so which Type of questions were there ?
11th August 2022, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Hii
I'm not good in maths
So Can i became IAS/IAS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?