30th April 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I register for CPT Exam having completed 10+2? Is it necessary of completing B.Com course to study CA course?

i have just now completed my +2.can i register for cpt now.if yes.when?is it necessary to study b.com inorder to study CA or CA can be done alone.

30th April 2012, 06:05 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I register for CPT Exam having completed 10+2? Is it necessary of completing B.Com course to study CA course?

You can join CPT level of Chartered Accountancy course after 12th

There is no need to do b.com for joining the CPT level of Chartered Accountancy course.

CA alone is sufficient to get the job in any sector in INDIA .

It is consider as BEST course as far as Finance department of any organization or company is concern.

Student opt for B.com along with this course because they have apprehension about that

whether they will be able to completed this course or not as this is consider not an easy course.

Chartered Accountancy course need regular and serious study.

3 stages in CA
  • Common Proficiency Test(CPT)
  • IPCC
  • Final examination

Duration of Chartered Accountancy course - 4.5 yrs (minimum)

CA FEE

CA fee is around 40000/- to 45000/-.

for futher information visit

www.icai.org
8th October 2012, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I register for CPT Exam having completed 10 2? Is it necessary of completing B.Com course to study CA course?

can becom ca art students that is there are any restriction of faculty / strim ?
30th December 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I register for CPT Exam having completed 10 2? Is it necessary of completing B.Com course to study CA course?

can i go for studying CA having commerce as my subject without maths in 2?
15th May 2013, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

can i do CA having economics and computer science (without maths)?
16th May 2013, 09:17 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I register for CPT Exam having completed 10+2? Is it necessary of completing B.Com course to study CA course?

It is absolutely not necessary to complete Bachelor of Commerce to apply for Chartered Accountancy course. If you have completed 12th standard, it is enough to apply for the Chartered Accountancy.

The advantage of doing Bachelor of Commerce is that you can be given exemption from appearing for the Common Proficiency Test. There is a provision under the rules set by the ICAI that a graduate student can be given exemption from appearing for Common Proficiency Test.

If you have completed commerce graduation with 55 percent or non commerce graduation with 60 percent, it makes you eligible not to appear for the Common Proficiency Test and directly apply for the IPCC.

However if you are applying for CA after 12th then it becomes necessary to clear the Common Proficiency Test. You will have to appear for it in June or December when it takes place.

There are two groups of two subjects each in Common Proficiency Test. You will have to clear both with 30 percent or more marks to get admission for the IPCC. Here are the four subjects.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Your next step would be to take admission for IPCC. It will be followed by 3 years articleship and in the end it will be Final Examination.
9th June 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

I have opted computer science for 11th and 12th .Can I go for CA directly after 12th or is it necessary to go for B.Com before CA?
6th June 2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I have just now completed my HSC with 83% in commerce stream.I have taken IT as a subject but has not did Maths.So
which will be the best course for me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?