21st March 2019, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Can I secure lateral Polytechnic Diploma admission directly in Karnataka if completed 12th Vocational CSE in Telangana?

Hi Sir/Madam, I have completed my 12th Vocational CSE in Telangana. I would like to know that I am eligible for lateral entry directly to 2nd year Polytechnic Diploma course? I want to study in Karnataka state. So, please let me know about this immediately.

21st February 2020, 03:29 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I secure lateral Polytechnic Diploma admission directly in Karnataka if completed 12th Vocational CSE in Telangana?

No. After completion of vocational course in CSE, you are not eligible for lateral entry admission to 2nd year of polytechnic in karnataka. As per eligibility criteria for lateral entry admission to 2nd year of polytechnic, One should have qualification of S.S.LC. with at least 35% marks and passed JTS (3 year course) or ITI (2 year course) from a recognized institute by karnataka government. In karnataka state, diploma admission is conducted by department of technical education (DTE) in coordination with karnataka examination authority (KEA) and national Informatics centre (NIC). So, you can get admission to 1st year of polytechnic based on your score obtained in class 10th. Seat allotment will be based on merit score, choice filling by candidate and availability of seats.

Karnataka Polytechnic Admission Eligibility
- You must have passed S.S.L.C. with at least 35% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
- You should have completed at least 5 years study in karnataka between 1st class and qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have passed class 10th from CBSE or ICSE or other states shall have produce eligibility certificate obtained from Secretary, Board of Technical Examination, Palace Road, Bangalore - 560 001 at the time of document verification and online application submission.

Karnataka Polytechnic Admission Dates
- Release Notification : Last Week of April, 2020
- Online Application Available : 1st Week of May, 2020
- Last Date of Application : 2nd Week of May, 2020
- Publish Merit List : 1st Week of June, 2020
- Counselling Starts : 2nd Week of June, 2020

Fee Structure In Polytechnic Colleges In Karnataka

For Government Polytechnic Colleges
- Tuition Fee : Rs. 2940/-
- Development Fee : Rs. 500/-
- Other Fees : Rs. 830/-

For Aided Colleges
- Tuition Fee : Rs. 5618/-

For Private Polytechnic Colleges
- Tuition Fee : Rs. 12,075 for karnataka students and Rs. 19,425 for non-karnataka students
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?