26th November 2009, 06:37 PM
connor

Can i skip maths in aieee 2010? I am concentrating only on physics & chemistry!

Is it possible to skip maths in aieee 2010? I am thinking of studying physics & chemistry completely,skipping mathematics !Some people are saying that we wont get a rank if we aren't studying all the subjects!Is it so?can u send me a reply regarding this?
Thank u!

2nd December 2009, 07:54 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i skip maths in aieee 2010? I am concentrating only on physics & chemistry!

i don't think its an good idea,
you have to concentrate equally on all the three subjects.
more over in case of tie its the maths marks which decides the rank
3rd December 2009, 05:52 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can i skip maths in aieee 2010? I am concentrating only on physics & chemistry!

those people are right,you will not get rank
4th December 2009, 02:59 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can i skip maths in aieee 2010? I am concentrating only on physics & chemistry!

dude...maths is the only subject where u can score maximum........
it looks like u dont like maths a lot....but it is the onlt subjcet which decides the ranking in aieee.....
u do phy,chem but at the same time dont take maths so easy.......
4th December 2009, 03:52 PM
keerthi
Member+

HI,
I think you want to study maths first because concentrate more in the weak subjects give you good rank.so study the physics and chemistry and at the same time try to focus on maths .try hard you will get good results.
dont skip any subjects
all the best
4th December 2009, 05:57 PM
deed

hi dont skip maths totally. ,,,just do the cordinate geometry and modern algebra, if you have some problem with calculus.
4th December 2009, 08:07 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

hii,don't skip maths ,it is a subject where you can score maximum marks,and i don't think so that skipping maths is a good idea ,you have to concentrate on all three subjects if you want a good rank in exams,so do study all subject,all the best
4th December 2009, 08:19 PM
Pradeep kumar.H.P

i think this is not a good idea.
11th December 2009, 10:59 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

no dear,if you do that then you will be not shortlisted.

Infact,maths is much easier then physics and physical part of chemistry for AIEEE .
15th December 2009, 08:37 PM
shweta guleria

no, study hard for all the three subjects......
8th January 2010, 05:50 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

hello
this is really shocking to see that some people are suggesting you such stupid things that after skipping Maths you can get good marks in exam i agree that you can make your preparations of physics or chemistry to its fullest but not on the cost of skipping maths.All the best for your exams.
11th January 2010, 11:47 PM
rohit kumar singh

dear u can not skip maths completely...no body knows if physics paper will so much tough what will u do...do prepration of maths also./..its not an good idea...and in engineering also u have to read maths...thhan what will u do
14th January 2010, 05:54 PM
ryan
Senior Member+

hey,

if you skip maths,then i suggest you to skip the whole exam,

because engineering and engineering exam without maths is an waste of resources.

and moreover you wont be given a rank if you dont attempt maths section.
so the better idea would be you concentrate on physics and chemistry but also try to do some maths practice.that will help you a lot

best of luck!!
15th January 2010, 07:39 PM
himansh

no you can not do this simply....then there are least chances of yours to get into a good college........all the best
29th January 2010, 04:56 AM
sumitkumarinmit

no never think of leaving maths it helps you a lot in tie situation so start practicing maths if you don't like it then red only calculus part this will be enough
30th January 2010, 04:59 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

please don't do that dear
if you are not intrested in maths then don't do engineering
because in engineering you need lot's of maths
if still interested then only do only calculus part
best of luck
30th January 2010, 07:50 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

its very dangerous for your marks scoring because math is a decidable things in most of the competition.so study it .okkkk
13th February 2010, 12:54 AM
thakurbaba307

atleast prepare maths to such a level that you can easily qualify in it and give more attention to physics/chemistry
15th February 2010, 04:44 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

sorry dude you cant do that as maths is one of the compulsory subject you can leave it.its easy subject dont get feared from it.
28th February 2010, 09:24 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

hi friend,you cant skip math in any of the engineering entrance exam,all you can do is give equal time and concentration on 3 of the subject.
7th March 2010, 03:04 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

sorry friend you can not skip mathematics otherwise you can not score good . you have to concentrate equally in each subject.this is the only way to get good rank and dont forget maths mark decide the rank.
14th March 2010, 03:02 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi...
friend ....
i don't think.....its a wise decision....
because...if you are skipping maths..then you are letting a scoring .....subject in danger....
either its not to be a cool descision because anyone could not a perfectionalist to do all
the problems of phys. & chem...
so you have to pay attendance...on this also...
so best of luck....
15th March 2010, 11:11 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,
why you are thinking like this,
you can not escape from the mathematics.
you have to give the exam of this and all the subjects equal marks.
so do not run appart from this.
o k
good luck
18th March 2010, 02:32 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

please don't do that dear
if you are not intrested in maths then don't do engineering
because in engineering you need lot's of maths
if still interested then only do only calculus part
best of luck
19th March 2010, 11:06 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dont skip, just cncentrate in your study, work hard and get good marks.
19th March 2010, 04:03 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
why are you thinking like this,
you will skip the math in aieee exam, then how you will solve the math prob. asked in the aieee exams.
so please cover all the syllabus,
do not do like you are thinking ,
o k
good luck
20th March 2010, 04:16 AM
surender sarswat

hi .......... first of all congratulations that ur choosing the engineering......nand now as u thinking to skip the maths exam is not possible bcoz it is the basic subject of engineering and all 4 engineering calculations a good maths is required.......and u should know that u should take 100% in maths by clearing some concepts........so concentrate on it..
20th March 2010, 02:08 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

no i dont think should even think of it all the parts that is pmt are equally important work hard for all but if you wish you can skip few topics not the entire subject ok
20th March 2010, 06:41 PM
fjindal

Dear,
it's not an good idea because math is an impotrant subject when you are preparing your self for AIEEE because it can increase your chances to get high rank so please concentrate equally on math
Best of Luck
31st March 2010, 02:18 AM
rajeshingarhwa

dear friend,
it is possible to skip maths .but i would not advised you to do so.
maths is the important subject.
good luck.
8th May 2010, 08:43 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend i dont understand why you completly skipping maths ..i suggest you to concentrate on your fav. and bo atleast few commonly asked topics from maths and dont get confused ......only attempt your best questions as there are negative marking lso
9th May 2010, 04:13 PM
nikitay

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor View Post
Is it possible to skip maths in aieee 2010? I am thinking of studying physics & chemistry completely,skipping mathematics !Some people are saying that we wont get a rank if we aren't studying all the subjects!Is it so?can u send me a reply regarding this?
Thank u!
Hey!!
I do not think its a gud step as all the subjects hav equal weightage in the entrance exam nd from my point of view u shud concentrate on all the subjects. Moreover MATHS is a scoring subject..

All the best!
30th May 2010, 03:04 AM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
there is a provision in AIEEE to skip the maths or any other subject and take another subject in place for that .but it is advised that you do not do that.it will help you.
for more information you can visit www.aieee.nic.in
15th July 2010, 06:52 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

If you do so then you will not be shortlisted as because there is particular cut off marks for each subjects.

So do not do such type of non sense thing ,try to attempt all the subjects all the question you know.

All the best.
16th July 2010, 01:47 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Thank u!
ii hope you would solve maths of atleast 20 marks
i did it
i got total of 232
and in chme i got 134
so it is a boon to study 2 subs
do not worry about low marks in maths
26th July 2010, 01:16 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
you cannot skip the maths portion in the aieee exam as equal weighatage is given to all the subjects and skipping maths will fall your rank
26th July 2010, 02:13 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Thank u!
Dear friend,
if you skip math then you will have to do tremendously well in physics and chemistry and it is not possible. Nobody had ever attempted all the questions of any of the three subjects in aieee exam because some questions are really of high level. So, in my opinion you must not skip whole maths rather you can skip some chapters in which you find difficulties. Otherwise maths is the most scoring subject in aieee exam.
26th July 2010, 01:28 PM
amansharma_0303

Quote:
Thank u!
maths is the core of any engineering and this math of yours is basic of that one so my advice is that u must concentrate on it more now as you already said that you are lagging behind in it
26th July 2010, 02:28 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Are you crazy????

how can you even think of getting a rank without mathematics. It is the main subject and the easiest of the three. Infact, performance in maths prompts you to get a rank.
Dont get mislead by people speaking such non sense.
All subjects should be given equal priority.

Good Luck and work hard!!
26th July 2010, 03:15 PM
shubham957

Quote:
Thank u!
i don,t think that it will be a good strategy to skip maths entirely. The basics you will learn now will be useful in future studies also. Also if you skip maths then you will have to study physics and chemistry very deeply so that you can answer all questions of the exam correctly, which is also very difficult task. So you must not skip maths in my opinion.
26th July 2010, 03:18 PM
trupti_9227

hi,
maths is the only subject where u can score maximum........
it looks like u dont like maths a lot....but it is the onlt subjcet which decides the ranking in aieee.....
u do phy,chem but at the same time dont take maths so easy.......
26th July 2010, 05:03 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
Thank u!
no this not true you can skip math.but my advise is you should read it bcz aiee math is not so tough.and u take ur own dcssn but you can skip it.cutt off will gone through whole paper not form single subject
26th July 2010, 08:07 PM
sathsish

Post Re: Can i skip maths in aieee 2010? I am concentrating only on physics & chemistry!

hi,
please don't skip any of the subjects you will lose marks
so concentrate on everything

good luck.

all the best..!!
26th July 2010, 08:51 PM
happy to help

No dear you can't escape from Maths
bcz it is the only subject in which your whole score depends
concentratae on Maths
This is the only subject in which u can fetch full marks
All the best
15th October 2010, 08:28 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can i skip maths in aieee 2010? I am concentrating only on physics & chemistry!

Quote:
Thank u!
dear friend,

why you think so?you are going to appear an engineering test then skiping math is possible?it is important than every subjects.mathematics is the base of engineering.

and it score good marks in engineering.do not skip.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 10:28 PM
docshakti

hi,
i think this will not help you to clear your exam.maths is very essential to clear your exam infact all three subjects are necessary for your good ranking in exam if you neglect any one you will not clear it.so give equal importance to every subject.
16th October 2010, 12:19 AM
vik111

Dear,

i don't think.....its a wise decision....
because...if you are skipping maths..then you are letting a scoring .....subject in danger....
either its not to be a cool descision because anyone could not a perfectionalist to do all

best of luck....
16th October 2010, 01:06 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

you can skip the math if you cocentrate on your physics and chemistry then also you can score well but why are you leaving math whesn math in AIEEE is not so tough you can crack it easily study it is easy dear
ok best of luck
16th October 2010, 01:21 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no it is not a good idea. only concentrating on physics and chemistry you can not secure a good position in AIEEE. math can gives you maximum score. physics and chemistry can not give you that much score like mathematics. so do not try to skip mathematics. it will create a great problem.

also you can not go so far without mathematics in AIEEE. so do not skip. concentrate on Math also.

best of luck.
16th October 2010, 11:46 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

No....you cant skip maths...because in AIEEE the level of competition is very high..and skipping an important subject like maths...will first of all make you score low in the entrance..and basically engineering ,all subjects rely on mathematics...

so it will never be a good idea to skip mathematics...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?