14th April 2019, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Can I study MSc(Mathematics) after completing BSc(Computer Science) course?

Hello friends, I want to do MSc course in the specialization of Mathematics. I am a student of BSc with Computer Science course. Kindly let me know that can I study MSc with Mathematics after completing my BSc?

15th April 2019, 01:36 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MSc(Mathematics) after completing BSc(Computer Science) course?

Candidates must complete B.Sc course with Mathematics as one of the main subjects, are eligible to study M.Sc (Mathematics) course.

So, as you have done B.Sc in Computer Science, you aren't eligible to study M.Sc with Mathematics specialization.
15th April 2019, 03:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MSc(Mathematics) after completing BSc(Computer Science) course?

Yes, candidates passed bachelor degree in Computer science are eligible to get pursue master degree in Mathematics.

The required eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with mathematics as main paper.

Entrance examination is conducted by most of the institutes for admission in the course. It is two year course.
15th April 2019, 04:03 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue M.Sc Mathematics after completing graduation from Science stream B.Sc with Computer Science having 50% aggregate marks.
There is no any restriction in subject selection. You can change your stream as per your interest without any restriction.
You have to clear entrance examination conducted by university to get admission. Selection is done on the basis of written examination.
15th April 2019, 06:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Science in Mathematics course:

1. You must have studied Mathematics as one of the subject in bachelor's degree. It is one of the most important requirement for M.Sc course.

2. There are some universities which take direct admission and some take through entrance examination.

For admission in any good university, you must have 60% marks or more.
15th April 2019, 08:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To study M.Sc ( Master of Science ) in Mathematics degree course, you need to have completed your bachelor's degree course from a recognized university with at least one paper of Mathematics during each semester or year of your bachelor degree course.

So, having completed your B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, you are eligible for pursuing M.Sc degree course if you have at least one paper of Mathematics during each semester or year of your bachelor degree course.
15th April 2019, 09:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To study M.Sc ( Master of Science ) in Mathematics degree course, you need to have completed your bachelor's degree course from a recognized university with at least one paper of Mathematics during each semester or year of your bachelor degree course.

So, having completed your B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, you are eligible for pursuing M.Sc degree course if you have at least one paper of Mathematics during each semester or year of your bachelor degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?