22nd January 2012, 12:34 AM
arunkalesh

Can I take Ph.D in computer science and engineering after passing B.Tech and M.Tech in Industrial Engineering and Management Specialization?

Sir,

Me Arun, Have B.Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering and M.Tech degree in Industrial Engineering and Management specialization.Tell me whether can I take Phd in computer science and Engineering, and also tell me about the institutions offer such Phd programs.

Related Questions:
  1. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  2. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  3. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  5. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  6. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  7. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  8. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  9. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  10. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  11. M.E course offering in Chennai under Anna University?
  12. Which specialization is best in M.tech computer science and engineering after scoring 7053 rank in PGECET
  13. Best way to do PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering?.
  14. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  15. List of specializations available to study in M.E. at Manipal University? -- [New]
  16. Is there any discrimination between Ph.D in computer science and Ph.D in computer science and engineering
  17. Possibility to study PhD in Robotics for M.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 2nd year candidate?
  18. Different entrance exams other than GATE to pursue M.Tech from DTU? Eligibility, Fee structure and accommodation details?
29th October 2012, 11:41 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I take Ph.D in computer science and engineering after passing B.Tech and M.Tech in Industrial Engineering and Management Specialization?

Hello,
See Arun, there is absolutely no problem in opting for PhD. in such genre. But see what happens is that a Ph.D. degree in any genre, especially in computer science is difficult without finding a proper guide. Lot of times many people are not able to do Ph.D. degree in their favorite genre, due to the unavailability of proper guides. Also the problem in computer science genre is that very few people are there who have a Ph.D. in this genre. So now to find a guide, who will cater to your arena will be a real task.
So first find a guide who will be ready to guide you when you in your topic. This is because wherever you are selected to do a Ph.D. from, you will be asked about the research guide. So first fix this then give the Ph.D. examination in any such university. If you are selected you can start your work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?