6th September 2012, 06:30 PM
pavithra jalihal

Can I take up IES exam after completing engineering in information science from VTU Belgaum

Hi,

I have completed my engineering in Information Science branch from VTU Belgaum... Can i take up the IES exam ??
I would also like to know the list of UPSC exams for which i'm eligible.
If possible can u tell me which are the UPSC exams coming up.

1st February 2013, 10:12 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I take up IES exam after completing engineering in information science from VTU Belgaum

You can take the IES exam if you have done your graduation from recognized university and also the upsc exam which you can take in near future is civil services exam because as you are graduate you are eligible for it.
The following info is going to help you::
1.Date of notification :: 2nd Feb,2013
2.Last Date of submission of form:: 3rd March
3.Exam date :: 19th MAy..
2nd February 2013, 05:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take up IES exam after completing engineering in information science from VTU Belgaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavithra jalihal View Post
Hi,

I have completed my engineering in Information Science branch from VTU Belgaum... Can i take up the IES exam ??

Sorry to say that you are not applicable for IES Exam because you have completed Engineering degree in Information Technology .

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
  1. Civil Engineering
  2. Electrical Engineering
  3. Mechanical engineering.
  4. Electronics and Communication Engineering.
OR

If you have completed M.Sc degree in Below streams then you are eligible for IES Exam.
  1. Wireless Communications
  2. Electronics
  3. Radio Physics
  4. Radio Engineering
There is not require any kind of percentage marks in your graduation degree .Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

The Notification will be published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.So please visit to the website for latest notification .

You are applicable for others UPSC exam like civil service exam , CDS ,IFS exam .

You can apply for IES exam only by using this link: http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For more information about IES Exam , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
5th February 2013, 03:27 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IES examination as per as your educational qualification related to your subject.

The eligibility criteria required for IES EXAMINATION are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in mechanical engineering/civil engineering/electronics and communication engineering/electrical engineering from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and 9 for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

5th February 2013, 04:27 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Sorry to say that you are not applicable for IES Exam because you have completed Engineering degree in Information Technology .

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical engineering.
Electronics and Communication Engineering.

OR

If you have completed M.Sc degree in Below streams then you are eligible for IES Exam.

Wireless Communications
Electronics
Radio Physics
Radio Engineering

There is not require any kind of percentage marks in your graduation degree .Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

The Notification will be published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.So please visit to the website for latest notification .

You are applicable for others UPSC exam like civil service exam , CDS ,IFS exam .

You can apply for IES exam only by using this link: http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For more information about IES Exam , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
6th February 2013, 12:06 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I take up IES exam after completing engineering in information science from VTU Belgaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavithra jalihal View Post
Hi,

Eligibility For UPSC IES Exam

The Indian Engineering Services(IES) is one of the most reputed government jobs and is conducted by the UPSC every year..

A candidate is eligible for appearing for the Engineering Services Exam if :-

>> candidate has completed B.E/B.Tech in one of the following streams :-

> Electrical Engineering
> Mechanical Engineering
> Civil Engineering
> Electronics and Telecom Engineering

>> Candidates with an M.Sc. degree in any one of the fields are also eligible to appear for Engineering Services Exam :-
> Radio Physics
> Radio Engineering
> Wireless Communications
> Electronics

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if belonging to the general category..
> 21-33 years for OBC candidates..
> 21-35 years for SC/ST candidates..

I am really sorry but since you don't have a degree in any of the above mentioned trades hence you are not eligible to apply for the engineering services exam..

There are various exams for which you can apply after the completion of your graduation like :-

>> Combined Defence Services(CDS)
>> Civil Services Exam

For the date of availability of forms and the schedule of exam..you can Click Here

To know more about UPSC and the related exams you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?