24th October 2017, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I write IIT entrance, while studying BE?

I Am studying BE in electrical engineering. I want to study IIT but I don't even know anything about it what can I do after completed my degree in engineering is there any chance available to write IIT entrance.

24th October 2017, 07:26 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I write IIT entrance, while studying BE?

The admission in Indian Institute of Technology is done on basis of Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by CBSE for admission in IITs and NITs.

There are two consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced after passing 12th including year in which you appeared for board exam of 12th. For example if a candidate appears for board exam in 2018, he is eligible for JEE exam for admission in IITs in 2018 and 2019.
24th October 2017, 07:34 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to pursue B.E course in IIT then, you need to appear in IIT entrance examination. Since, you are studying B.E course, to pursue higher studies i.e., M.E/ M.Tech course in IIT then, you have to appear in GATE examination. You need to qualify and secure good rank in GATE examination to get admission for pursuing M.E/ M.Tech course in IIT.
24th October 2017, 09:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can certainly apply for your admission in IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) for pursuing M.Tech ( Master of Technology ) or M.Sc ( Master of Science ) degree courses after completion of your B.E. degree course.

For admission in M.Tech degree you will need to qualify GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) where as pursuing M.Sc degree course you will have to compete JAM ( Joint Admission Test in Master of Science ). Both these entrance examinations are held by IITs following a particular rotation policy.

Further for appear in GATE you just need to holder a degree in engineering from a recognized university where as for appearing in JAM you need have managed at least 55% marks ( marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) from a recognized university.

For more details regarding GATE and JAM you can refer to the links www.gate.iitg.ac.in and www.jam.iitb.ac.in respectively.
25th October 2017, 12:39 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ).

Candidates after qualifying in GATE examination will become eligible to get admission in Master degree.

The basic eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed B.Tech/B.E/M.Sc from a recognised institute.

So, if you want to pursue in IIT you must start preparation for GATE examination. The examination is conducted every year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?