26th June 2013, 08:49 PM
ekss

Can I write NET while doing PG?

Hi, this is Kamal.
I heard that we can write NET only after completing PG. But my classmates are writing NET even when we have one more year to complete PG. Can anyone confirm if we can validly write NET before completion of PG?

2nd July 2013, 05:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write NET while doing PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekss View Post
Hi, this is Kamal.
I heard that we can write NET only after completing PG. But my classmates are writing NET even when we have one more year to complete PG. Can anyone confirm if we can validly write NET before completion of PG?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission .

The Educational Qualification required for NET exam is masters degree .Your masters degree marks must be above 55% . 5% marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.

Yes ,Final year of Masters degree candidate can apply here .So after completion of one year of PG course you can apply in NET exam .If your degree is for 2 years .

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years .Age relaxation upto 5 years provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Lectureship , there are no age limit.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
2nd July 2013, 06:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test is for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. This exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission and to appear for it you should have post graduation degree.

Now to solve your confusion, it is possible to appear for the National Eligibility Test during the final year of post graduation course. The criteria is like this. You can appear in final year provided that you will be able to submit the degree in less than 2 years from the date you cleared the National Eligibility Test.

If you failed to do so or if you completed post graduation with less than required marks, the result would be disqualification. Therefore during final year, you can appear for NET. But please do so if you can meet the requirement for such candidates that I have mentioned above.

NET Eligibility

1. You should have nationality of India.

2. Minimum qualification required is post graduation degree.

3. You should have 55 percent marks in it.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent or more marks.

5. Final year students can also apply for NET exam.

6. But they will have to submit the post graduation degree in 2 years.

7. Subject for NET will depend on your PG degree.

8. There is no limit on attempts per candidate.

9. Should be under 28 years to apply for JRF.

10. Under 31 years of age candidate from OBC can apply for JRF.

11. The limit is 33 years for SC and ST.

12. The lower age limit is 19 years for lectureship.

13. No upper age limit.
2nd July 2013, 09:27 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekss View Post
Hi, this is Kamal.

Dear Aspirant,

$$ NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. this exam is conducted for those candidate who are wishing to do PH.D degree in their Prescribe field by the University Grant Commission that is UGC twice time in the years.....

$$ A candidate after completing their Master Degree or Post Graduation degree in any field from the UGC Recognized Universities can apply for this examination.....

$$ A candidate of Final Year of PG Or Master's can also apply for this examination but, a candidate must have to send their All Original Documents when there is asked by the Institution for the Verification Purpose....

NET Mainly conducted for the two post :
  1. Junior Research Fellowship and
  2. Lectureship

$$ A candidate must have secured at least 55% in their Graduation degree. the Relaxation on the Percentages is applicable up to 5% Relax for Reserved category students......

$$ A candidate who are wishing to apply for the JRF Post then the age of candidate should be at least 19 years old.

$$ And the upper age should not exist more than 28 years. Relaxation applicable for Reserved category....

$$ For OBC/SC/ST/PWD it is up to 5 year on upper age...

$$ A candidate who are wishing to apply for the Lecturer post then don't worry about the age criteria because there is No any age Limit for this post....

For More Details you can Visit at Here : Click Here

All the best

With regards.....
Dharm
3rd July 2013, 11:14 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Master’s degree from a recognized University is the qualification for NET. The qualification must be obtained with a minimum of 55% marks. Final year PG students can apply for the test. Such students can submit adequate documents at the time of interview. You can attend NET exam by next year.
17th May 2014, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

hi i did Hindi pandit. now i am doing Sahitya Ratna from Alahbad university.my date of birth is 8-2-1981. my cast OBc. Am i eligible for net test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?