23rd February 2011, 01:58 AM
shinystar934

Can a married woman give IAS or UPSC exams?

Hello,
What difficulties she has to face practically? For how many months she has to be far away from her family if she got selected? Lastly In future if she got placement far from family.Plz tell everything.
Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 30 years old married woman, belong to Jammu & Kashmir and got married in HP
  2. Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)
  3. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion
  4. Which books to prepare for SET and NET Exams? Tips to prepare for this Exam being a married woman?
  5. Can I get age relaxation to appear in Civil Service exams being a 35 years old married woman and belong to Lingayat? -- [New]
  6. Whether Bank offer an Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs to married woman for studying BHMS?
  7. Can I apply for an Education Loan being a married woman?
  8. Possibility to get admission in 10th as a Private candidate if completed Graduation being a 27 years old married woman?
  9. Can a married person apply for IAS exam?
  10. Eligibility for IAS exam for a married woman pursuing graduation?
  11. What course can I do being 36 years old married woman and Political Science graduate?
  12. Am I eligible to give UPSC exam to apply for IAS being a B.Sc graduate?
  13. What are the recruitment exams available to appear in UPSC for B.Com graduate? Detailed information and eligibility to apply?
  14. How to become IPS after passing B.Tech?
  15. How may I become a psychologist? I am a 25 years old married woman and having graduation in science
  16. When can an Army woman candidate get married?
  17. Which exams can I give after doing graduation in BSc Computer Science UPSC? Which all exams can I give?
  18. Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?
23rd February 2011, 05:53 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a married woman give IAS or UPSC exams?

Surely a married woman has to take a tough decision in which her family will need to be a part of it. On selection she will be begin her career as a cadre. The candidates are posted any part of the country. Normally the next transfer is after a period of one year. Also they are posted in a state away from their home. But some period in the service they will be posted in their home state.
23rd February 2011, 08:34 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can a married woman give IAS or UPSC exams?

Yes you can apply for UPSC but should be in the age limit..

Minimum education criteria = Graduate

Maximum age criteria = 28yrs (for General category and I think it is 32 years for SC/ ST categories)

How to apply:-You have to apply for UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exam.

This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is expected to come into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
Current events.
History
Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
and General science.

(Paper II) (200 marks)
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy(Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.
23rd February 2011, 08:48 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

No, married woman cannot give IAS or UPSC exams because in this exam at the time of entrance exam candidate should be unmarried.

Bye
23rd February 2011, 10:39 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea married woman may appear in IAS or UPSC examination. the name of this examination is civil service examination. i think on 2011 there are no difficulties for a woman to do any job. though some women worries about that. i will as it is government service then you should not think about difficulties.

government always tried to remove all type of difficulties for the employee for Male and Female both type of candidate. after getting job you have to stay away from your family if you are posted to outside of your city or where you live. but you may shift with your family if family is ready to shift. there is no problem i think if the work place is very near to your present house.

i think first you should appear in the examination as you are interested and clear it then decide according to the posting place what you want to do. i think where ever it may be you should go for this. it is a very good and reputed job. present days there are no difficulties for the job.

here i am attaching the notification for this year civil service examination. to apply online for the examination visit the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in for the notification and other details visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 121 views)
23rd February 2011, 11:15 AM
Ankur agrawal

hello,

Yes, u apply that ..
their is no issue about that if u r married or not
23rd February 2011, 12:52 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Definitely a married woman can give IAS or UPSC exams.You need to be a graduate to apply for IAS.So just go and prepare yourself for the exam.
23rd February 2011, 01:44 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

hello

yes you can give clvil service exam through which you can become IAS OFFICER
there is no problem in it but there are many jobs under UPSC which you can,t JOIN AND THEY ALL ARE MAINLY RELATED TO ARMY,AIR FORCE,NAVY.

but you can apply for IAS

.to apply online for the examination visit the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

for the notification and other details visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd February 2011, 03:27 PM
biswaranjan9

HI

THE ANSWER IS

i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:

* on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
* on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
* on invalidment.

f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates
23rd February 2011, 03:31 PM
ratalalavanya

Yes,........a married woman also can do IAS ....the only criteria is age limit 21-30 yrs and should have minimum degree to write the exam
23rd February 2011, 08:01 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can a married woman give IAS or UPSC exams?

Married women can appear for IAS exam there is no issue with it.
As per my knowledge there is no such difficulties which is faced by married women.
IAS is one of the countrys most respective & highest post so there are many hardwork & difficulties attached with it.

You will be extremely fortunate if you get selected.
After getting selected you may be posted to some place far from your house & in that aspect nothing can be done about it.
23rd February 2011, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar934 View Post
Hello,
What difficulties she has to face practically? For how many months she has to be far away from her family if she got selected? Lastly In future if she got placement far from family.Plz tell everything.
Thanks
yes, a married women can give IAS or UPSC exams. there is no restrictions for women in giving these examinations. There is only a criteria of age limit.i.e. 21-30 for general category students. if a women gets selected as an IAS then she have to leave her hometown and she will be posted to any of the state or city of the country.For this she will be having a flat or bunglow which will be provided by the government itself for her residence. In any of the case the state alloted to her will not get change however the cities within the state can be change from time to time.
23rd February 2011, 09:56 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Hello,
Thanks
There is not so much of difficulties but if she get selected she is outside between training session .If you get selected than you should be outside the home .
23rd February 2011, 10:23 PM
omprakash sharma

hi,

sure a married woman can also give the IAS exam.
there is an example also:

The top 25 rank holders comprise 15 male candidates and 10 female candidates, the UPSC said

Shubhra Saxena
(Women Candidate) UPSC 2009 Topper

While Sharandeep Kaur Brar has been placed second, Kiran Kaushal secured the third position.
24th February 2011, 12:00 AM
biswaranjan9

Yes,a married woman give IAS or UPSC exams.
24th February 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

k but this is very hard aspect of Indian society for girls or married women that people take them for granted,if a husband get transfer its obvious tht family go with him but what women do if she had to undergo training for 2 yrs far from home,then she will be adviced to leave her dream or better take divorce ,this problem arises mainly in traditional or conservative family.Plz guide.
8th July 2011, 01:02 AM
umathkavi

Yes, surely you can apply for IAS or UPSC examinations even if you are married but your age should be less then 30 years if you belong to general category.
But if you don't belong to general category then check the eligibility criteria below.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

You should be a graduate in any disciple.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Can a married woman give IAS or UPSC exams?

yes, ofcourse a married woman can appear for ias exam,,,,,, it doesn't matter whether u r married or not. u should have feeling of serving. the people nd the nation. by ur inspiring ideas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
ias topper sk(2014)
23rd August 2011, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

CAN A MARRIED GIRL APPEAR IN PMT 2012(NEET-UG)?
31st August 2011, 12:28 PM
sanju38121

yes, surely a married woman can give the IAS exam. The eligibility is.
Qualification. Graduation
age. 21-28yrs. Upper age relaxation provided to sc/st , obc categories.
Nationality. Indian.

All the best.
17th July 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

iam a doctor iam preparing for civil services but i have a personal problem i have a boy friend who is an executive engineer but iam now in a worry that his cadre wil be less after i get selected i canot leve him nor canot leave my goal so pls help me
31st January 2013, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

I think you should follow your dream because if your boyfriend really loves you he will support you no matter what. if he does not then you deserve someone better. all the best.
31st January 2013, 10:09 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a married woman give IAS or UPSC exam as there is no such criteria regarding status of a candidate whether he/she is married or unmarried.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2013, 11:26 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

why not you are absolutely eligible to apply for IAS Exam OR UPSC Examination . There is no restriction on IAS examination based on marital status , both the male and female candidates are eligible to apply for this examination . The candidate be married or unmarried may also eligible to apply for the IAS Examination .

But required qualification is that the applicant must holding the degree course any discipline of a recognized University or Institution . If you are already completed graduate degree then you can easily apply for the IAS Examination but this examination is not easy one to crack . Every year large of candidate are appearing but few of them only cleared . That much competition in this examination and this exam check your knowledge various categories based on prelims level and main exam level .

Preliminary exam based on the Objective question and the exam consist of General knowledge , History of India , Current Events , National Events , English Knowledge , Mathematics analysis , Quantitative Aptitude , Computer awareness ... etc .

Main Exam based on the Descriptive type question and the examination consist of nine paper . There is a two optional paper for your choices .

These all the level are conducted in various time period . Prelims exam mostly held in the month of Feb or March and Main exam will be held on Oct / November .

>> Candidate has completed graduate degree of a recognized University .
>> Candidate should have a 21 - 30 years .
>> Upper age limits is applicable .
>> Both the Gender are eligible .
>> Final year candidate may also eligible .
31st January 2013, 11:27 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

why not you are absolutely eligible to apply for IAS Exam OR UPSC Examination . There is no restriction on IAS examination based on marital status , both the male and female candidates are eligible to apply for this examination . The candidate be married or unmarried may also eligible to apply for the IAS Examination .

But required qualification is that the applicant must holding the degree course any discipline of a recognized University or Institution . If you are already completed graduate degree then you can easily apply for the IAS Examination but this examination is not easy one to crack . Every year large of candidate are appearing but few of them only cleared . That much competition in this examination and this exam check your knowledge various categories based on prelims level and main exam level .

Preliminary exam based on the Objective question and the exam consist of General knowledge , History of India , Current Events , National Events , English Knowledge , Mathematics analysis , Quantitative Aptitude , Computer awareness ... etc .

Main Exam based on the Descriptive type question and the examination consist of nine paper . There is a two optional paper for your choices .

These all the level are conducted in various time period . Prelims exam mostly held in the month of Feb or March and Main exam will be held on Oct / November .

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination and conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .

>> Candidate has completed graduate degree of a recognized University .
>> Candidate should have a 21 - 30 years .
>> Upper age limits is applicable .
>> Both the Gender are eligible .
>> Final year candidate may also eligible .
31st January 2013, 11:57 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes, a married woman can give the IAS exam. In fact, a couple of years ago, a married woman was amongst the top 10 ranks of the IAS.
The only requirement of giving the Ias exam, is that you should be a graduate from any stream in from a recognized indian university. And your age should be in between 21-30 years of age.
If you belong to the obc category, then you have a relaxation of 3 years and if you belong to the sc/st category, then you have a relaxation of 5 years.
For more details you can log onto
www.upsc.gov.in
gud luck
1st February 2013, 12:02 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello, What difficulties she has to face practically? For how many months she has to be far away from her family if she got selected? Lastly In future if she got placement far from family.Plz tell everything. Thanks
IAS is stand for the Indian Administrative Service which is come under civil services examination. The civil services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. If you are interested in the IAS field then to appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination. :~
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the IAS entrance examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

So, As per eligibility criteria a married women surely can apply for the IAS entrance examination. Do'n worry and apply for the IAS entrance examination. The competition is really tough so do hard work to get success. For more details regarding the IAS entrance examination kindly visit UPSC website :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2013, 12:58 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
Thanks
HI!
I am happy to inform you that married women is eligible for I.A.S exam.

For I.A.S she have to qualify the Civil Services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-30 year.
5 year relaxation for ST/SC candidate.

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
1st February 2013, 01:08 PM
akki1234akash

YES MARRIED WOMAN CAN GIVE IPS EXAMS....BUT ACCORDING TO THE CRITERIA YOUR AGE SHOULD LIE BETWEEN 21-30 YEARS...
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.
IF YOU GET SELECTED THEN A TRAINING PHASE IS THERE,WHERE YOU HAVE TO RUN 10 KM IN 60 MINS...
1st February 2013, 01:43 PM
Beawar

Dear..

Yes you are eligible for the exam. The qualification for the IAS exam is as follows :-

1. All graduates
2. Graduation from a recognized university
3. 18-28 years of age
4. Candidates from any subject are eligible
5. No gender preference
6. Marital status does not matter

As you have seen that i have mentioned in the eligibility criteria that Males and Female or even married or unmarried does not matter at all when it comes to the civil services exam. Dear one more thing that i want to tell you is that the exam is one of the toughest exam in India and every year many candidates sit for the exam. So the competition is very high and the success rate is very low so if you are dedicated enough then only go for the course otherwise think for other options. one more thing is to choose the subject wisely as new and unknown subject can cause problem to you

ALL THE BEST
12th February 2013, 07:21 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Shinystar,

Yes , a married woman can give the UPSC Civil Services Exam or the so called IAS Exam.

Anyone who fulfills the eligibility criteria for the IAS Exam are :

* Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Final year canddiates are also eligible for the same.

* There should not be any pending backlogs.

* Your age Should lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is a relaxation of 3 years granted to OBC Canddiates and of 5 years candidates to SC/ST Candidates.

* Number Of Attempts :

a) For General Candidates : 4

b) For OBC Candidates : 7

c) For SC/ST Candidates : No Limit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

2nd May 2014, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

I am so confused what I do in IAS preparation upsc and main exam kya kru kese teyari start kr
9th May 2015, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Can anyone will give ias exam after taking divorce as an obc category
9th May 2015, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

Can anyone will give ias exam after taking divorce under obc category
15th August 2020, 07:34 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anyone will give ias exam after taking divorce under obc category
Yes, you can apply for UPSC exam which includes IAS post.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is conducted by the government of India every year to select candidates into group A level posts like IAS, IFS, IPS, etc

It has 3 stages of exams:
- Preliminary
- Mains
- Interview

Preliminary is just a qualifying exam.

Eligibility criteria:
- You must be an Indian
- You must have attained atleast of 18 years
- You must have completed your graduation in any stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?