17th July 2017, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Can a Mechanical engineer become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

Sir, I am a degree holder in Mechanical Engineering and want to join Indian Railway. Please tell me am I eligible to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become Loco Pilot or Section Engineer in Indian Railways after studying in first year of Mechanical Engineering? Is there any special training required to become Loco Pilot? What is the scope for job in section engineering?
  2. Procedure to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 10th standard? -- [New]
  3. Which course should I prefer in ITI to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  4. What is the minimum qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  5. How to become a loco pilot in luxury and superfast trains?
  6. What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  7. What are the requirements for loco pilot job?
  8. Eligibility to become a Loco Pilot n Indian Railways?
  9. How to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Arts?
  10. How to Become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology?
  12. What to study after 12th to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  13. Whether CET exam is important for becoming a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  14. Whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not?
  15. After passing 12th with Biology can I become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  16. What is the procedure to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  17. What are the career options for Railway RRB examination?
  18. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post in the Indian Railways after completing B.Com?

18th July 2017, 03:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Mechanical engineer become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted by RRB for recruitment in Indian Railway as loco pilot.

The eligibility to appear in examination is :

Candidate must have passed diploma in engineering or have ITI from a recognised institute.

Candidate's age must be between 18-30 years.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination ( written, interview and physical standard ) will be eligible for recruitment in Indian Railway.

For detail information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.

18th July 2017, 09:38 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can become locopilot in Indian Railways.

Your age must be between 18-30 years.

And selection procedure will be based on Written exam followed by Personal Interview.

For this post, you will have to apply for Railway locopilot vacancies that are regularly released on RRB sites.

Apart from locopilot jobs, you can apply for these jobs:
Konkan Railway
Post - Graduates Engineer
Last Date - 13 August 2017
Eligibility Required - B.E./B.Tech with 65% aggregate

Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation
Post - Additional Cheif Engineer, Deputy Chief Engineer, Executive Engineer, Assistant Executive Engineer
Last Date - 31 July 2017
Eligibility Required - B.Tech/B.E., Diploma

RRC Allahabad
Post - Group C and Group D
Last Date - 9 August 2017
Eligibility Required - 10th/12th/ITI

Southern Railway
Post - Junior Engineer
Last Date - 15 July 2017
Eligibility Required - 10th Passed

18th July 2017, 11:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely being a mechanical engineer you are eligible to apply for the post of loco pilot.
The selection process is written test, physical Efficiency Test and personal interview.

For more information log on to this website:

www.rrcb.gov.in

18th July 2017, 11:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Mechanical Engineer become a loco pilot in Indian Railways:-

Eligibility criteria to become a loco pilot are given below:-

You need to be a 10th pass out

You should have completed ITI in any discipline from a recognised University

If you have a diploma degree in mechanical/ automobile / electrical or electronics then also you can apply for this exam.

Your age should between 18 to 30 years however there is age relaxation for SC / ST/ OBC candidates.

18th July 2017, 11:51 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria a mechanical engineer is eligible to become loco pilot because minimum qualification required to become loco pilot is an ITI and 10th qualification.
As you are a mechanical engineer so you are eligible. You need to qualify the exam conducted by RRB.

19th July 2017, 08:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed diploma in mechanical engineering are eligible to appear in Loco Pilot recruitment examination.

The examination is conducted by RRB. The age limit to appear in examination is 18-30 years.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in written test, interview and medical test for final selection.

So, you can appear for examination. For detail information about examination visit at official link at www.rrb.gov.in.

8th February 2020, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Electronics and communication engineering.Can i become a loco pilot

9th October 2021, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Can a Mechanical engineer (production) become a loco pilot in India Railways?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?