2nd June 2015, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Can PCB students appear in NDA exam ?

I am Manish of class 12th but I have chosen PCB as my stream I want to join NDA after 12th so can I appear in NDA exam ?

2nd June 2015, 12:15 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can PCB students appear in NDA exam ?

NDA - (National Defense Academy) conducted by UPSC twice in a year

yes you are eligible to choose Army wings of NDA ony not in Air force or Navy because For navy and Air force you must passed 12th board exams from physics / Chemistry and Maths subjects

Eligibility criteria for NDA
1) 12th pass with Physics and maths as compulsory subjects
2) Age limits between 16.5 to 19 years
3) Must be a citizen of India
4) Only male candidates are eligible
5) Males should be unmarried.
2nd June 2015, 12:29 PM
charitchaitra

Default Re: Can PCB students appear in NDA exam ?

NDA Means National Defence Service

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA-
A candidate needs to pass out 12th class from a recognized state education board.
Age of a candidate needs to be 16 ½ years to 19 years.
A candidate needs to have physics and mathematics in class 12 for getting into Indian navy and Indian Air force.
Other than this, a candidate needs to physically fit and medically no problem for further procedure.

PAPER PATTERN-
Mathematics
English
General knowledge
2nd June 2015, 12:33 PM
sonymullowal

Hello dear friend,

You can appear in NDA if only you have Maths as your one of the subjects. If your optional subject is Maths With PCB then you will have no problem for you to appear in exams of NDA.

●Eligibility for NDA :-

>> Only Unmarried male can appear.

>> You should have passed out 12th or you should be in 12th

>> Your age should be in mid of 16.5 years and
19 years.

>> You must be a Citizen of India.

Thank you.
2nd June 2015, 12:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Manish of class 12th but I have chosen PCB as my stream I want to join NDA after 12th so can I appear in NDA exam ?
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam after 12th standard with PCB but you can apply only in Indian Army post.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
2nd June 2015, 12:39 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible to apply for " NDA " Examination with 12th in PCB. There is a No chance available for you to apply for NDA examination with 12th. So you need to go for higher studies. After that there will be a chance to join in Indian Army only. For this you can write CDS Examination.

So hope fully you can complete graduation and there by write CDS examination for Indian Army.

To know the more details regarding the NDA Examination you can have a look on the eligibility criteria of NDA examination :

<> You should complete 12th with PCM as the main subjects from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks.

<> Age should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

<> Final year candidates of 12th can also eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

But you have to submit original documents at the time of "SSB Interview " which is going to be held after successful completion of Written Examination.
2nd June 2015, 12:39 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the National Defence academy (NDA) is through National Defence Academy Enetrance Ecamination which is held twice a year, generally in the month of March and August. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC. The course of training is for three years.

You can only appear in NDA if only you have Maths as your one of the subjects. If your optional subject is Maths with PCB then you will have no problem for you to appear in exams of NDA.

Eligibilty:

** Only Unmarried male can appear.

** You should have passed 12 or you should be in 12

** Your age should be in mid of 16.5 years - 19 years.

** You must be a citizen of India.

Kindly Note :

Date of notification NDA and NA (II) exam 2015: 20th June 2015.

Last date of form submission : 17th July 2015.

Date of Exam : 27th September 2015.

2nd June 2015, 02:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the NDA examination is held for the selection of capable persons for the defense services .The same examination is held twice by Union Public Service Commission once in the month of April and September generally and are respectively called as NDA I & NDA II commonly .

The NDA has three wings which are Indian Army , Indian Air force and
Indian Navy .

The basic qualifications required for the appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian unmarried male candidate .

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years .

* Your must be physically and mentally sound as per the requirement of defense service.

* You must have a senior secondary degree or an degree equivalent to the same from a recognized board .Also for your eligibility for all the three wings of NDA you must have Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects in your 12th otherwise you will be eligible for only Indian Army . Candidates pursuing final year of their senior secondary degree are also allowed to appear in the examination .

Hence you are eligible for appearing in the NDA examination but you can join Indian Army if you qualify the same .

The examination constitutes of two steps which are Written examination and Service Selection Board interview taken in order .You will be eligible for the second stage if you qualify the first stage .

For more details about the pattern of examination and notifications about the upcoming NDA examination log on to the official link of UPSC
i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
2nd June 2015, 04:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in the NDA entrance examination. The examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year for the selection of candidate in the Indian Defence Services as an officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from a recognised board.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Candidate must have PCM with English as main subjects in the board examination.
* Only male candidates are eligble to apply for the examination.

The application form are made available on the UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in. in the month of January for the NDA I and in July for the NDA II. The examination are conducted in the month of April and September.

The examination is conducted in two stages.
* Stage I - Written examination which comprises two test paper. Paper I of Mathematics in which there are 120 questions of 300 marks are asked and anothe of General Ability in which 150 question of 600 marks are asked.

It is necessary to qualify in the Written to become eligible for the next stage.

Stage II - SSB in the following stage you have to go through various tasks and perform it in the presence of Psychologist, GTO and Interviewing Officer. After that you have to go through the Medical test and and after qualifying you become eligible to get training for the recruitment as an officer in the Defence.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd June 2015, 04:14 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, one can appear for the NDA exam after passing 12th class in PCB stream .

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year to make recruitment in Indian Army .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.

The eligibility criteria to sit in the NDA exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the NDA exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to appear in the NDA exam .

-The selection process involves of

* Written Examination,and

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board(SSB).
2nd June 2015, 04:35 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, PCB stands are not eligible to appear in the NDA examination. NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. It provides a better opportunity for the ceandidate to secure an officer job in the any of the wing of the Defence and also to serve the nation from the bad eyes.

The eligibility to apply for the examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 from any recognised board. The age of candidate must be between 16.5-19 years and also have PCM as main subject in the board examination. Candidate pursuing commerce with mathematics as main subjects are are also eligible to apply for NDA but only for the Army.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. It is mandatory to qualify in each of them and then in the Medical for the final selection in the services.

The application form are available in the month of December- January for the NDA I and which is conducted in the month of April and and for NDA II in July for which examination is conducted in the September last week.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd June 2015, 05:20 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say this but you are not allowed to give NDA examination as you are a Medical student. In NDA candidates having Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in 12th standard are allowed to give this exam. If you have these subjects then only you can give this examination unless not.

So don't get panic you have other option's available after 12th standard. You have a wide scope in Medical field after 12th.

As if you still want to go in defense field then take admission in NIOS with non-medical and try to score good marks in examination. If you passed in 12th standard from non-medical stream then you will be eligible for giving NDA examination.
2nd June 2015, 06:15 PM
swanand thakur
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can appear for NDA exam. You can go for INDIAN ARMY as for it a person with 10+2 is eligible but for Indian Navy and Air force a student should have maths and physics subjects for their 11th and 12th.
3rd June 2015, 01:09 AM
sairam0123

Hello.

You are definitely eligible for the NDA(National Defence Army) exam.from PCB after class 12th.
In case of NAVY and AIR FORCE you are not eligible because in that they ask for PCM in class 12th.
The criteria for NDA is:-
He should be citizen of India.
Age should be within 16.5 years to 19 years.
you have passed 12th from the recognized school with at lest 60% in (PCB).

all the best.
9th September 2015, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm in class 11th..In 2016 I passed class 11.so as a candidate of class 12...can I eligible for sit in NDA exam.
23rd January 2017, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of PCB can i take NDA exam but i don't take the subject Maths in my PCB so tell me can i gave the exam?
18th December 2018, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

In my 12th class choice PCB but in graduation level I have choice PCM can apply it NDA for Airforce, navy & army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?