15th March 2012, 10:10 AM
BMR0500

Can a percentage of 49.7% be rounded off to 50% to get admission for B.Ed course in various Universities of India?

whether 49.74% in graduation can be rounded off to 50% for .B.Ed admission in various universities in India. Whether IGNOU 2 yrs B.Ed is equivalent to 1 yr regular B.Ed

Related Questions:
  1. How to get the application form for B.Ed colleges?
  2. How to become Astrobiologist? Universities in India and Abroad for Astrobiology course?
  3. List of recognized universities available for B.Ed? I'm from Hyderabad(AP)
  4. After M.Ed can I do PhD in Education? What other higher studies options are there?
  5. Is it necessary to secure 50% in Graduation to study PhD? -- [New]
  6. Aggregate required to apply for B.Pharmacy in Germany? How much scholarship can I get
  7. List of recognized Universities available for B.Ed in India? I'm from Hyderabad(AP)
  8. Studies in Canada for a candidate who has secured 56% in 12th non-medical?
  9. Do I have a chance to get a seat in any NIT after scoring GATE score of 497
  10. Am I eligible for job in companies like SAIL,BHEL,NTPC,ONGC?
  11. What is the eligibility for MBA CET in Maharashtra?
  12. What's the minimum percentage required in graduation for getting admission in B.Ed course? I have only 42% marks in BA
  13. How to get admission in B.Ed in any college of UP?
  14. How can get admission in top universities for M.Tech Automotive Engineering? GATE coaching in Hyderabad? Percentage needed to get admission in top universities?
  15. How can I study MS in Abroad if secured 59.2% in B.Tech(Electrical Engineering)?
  16. Admission in best CA colleges after passing 12th science with 51%? Best CA colleges and universities in India?
  17. Detailed information and eligibility to study Ph.D in Social Work for MSW postgraduate?
  18. What is the date of issue of form of B.Ed? Last date of submission? What is the fee structure for B.Ed admission? -- [Most Discussed]
15th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a percentage of 49.7% be rounded off to 50% to get admission for B.Ed course in various Universities of India?

Its a fact indeed that a percentage , required to fill in the area under 'eligibility' , is sharp criterian of eligibility. So if a percentage is asked while filling any university form then one needs to mention the exact percentage of the academics. No rounded off is valid underneath.

Yes, there is a chance of relaxation in which you may get some kind of exemption underwhich you will need to have 45% marks in qualifying exam, but it is valid for caste category's candidate. As you havent mentioned the same in you question so its needed to be mentioned here.

Also, one more thing is that , you should try in distance BEd. colleges, as it is quite sure that via distance course, the required qualifying marks are lessor as compare to the regular degree examination. So one has to look at the distance learning colleges' eligibility critera.
15th March 2012, 11:55 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a percentage of 49.7% be rounded off to 50% to get admission for B.Ed course in various Universities of India?

Hi Dear

No that is not possible
always 49.99 % is not round to 50%

so you can not convert for this ......

For your career i assist you one chart:-

Good Luck.........
16th March 2012, 10:29 AM
MohitBhardwaj

49.7% marks is 49.7% not 50%. So you are not eligible for admission in B. Ed. Courses where marks are more then 50%. Your tough luck.

But you can apply in courses where eligibility is 45% marks. Best of luck for that.

And Yes IGNOU 2 yrs B.Ed is equivalent to 1 yr regular B.Ed by other universities. IGNOU is UGC approved. Best of luck
16th March 2012, 02:00 PM
saswatsprakash

No. Most institutes require an exact percentage, in most cases upto one decimal point. Hence, such a rounding off is not advisable.
16th March 2012, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

what is the total fees for doing b.ed?
19th May 2014, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, I secure mark in BA 59.86% (778.2), Required marks of 60% is 780 (03 mark). Can a percentage of 59.86% Be rounded off to 60%
24th August 2015, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

i got 49.7% in b.com inter 58.5% and tenth 47.5 can i get accountant job with these marks? where can i get it. kindly mail at [email protected] thanking you.
24th August 2015, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i got 49.7% in b.com inter 58.5% and in tenth 47.5% i passed with compartment in degree inter and in tenth where do i get a job please mail at [email protected]
4th December 2018, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 399 out of 800 in IGNOU BUT IT IS WRITTEN AS 50.00%IN MY PROVISIONAL MARKSHEET. THEN WHICH IS CORRECT
12th July 2019, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Can be apply for govt post my no 49.6 in ba but post required is 50 percent
17th February 2020, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Can B.ed be done by a law student who has got 56percent taking human law as her method paper.and from which university.
2nd February 2021, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 49.6% in B.sc , 74% in inter , 72 % in HSLC can i take admission in B.ed
14th May 2021, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Can 49.5 be rounded to 50% in SET Exam for OBC candidate
14th October 2021, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have 49.5%in masters .Is there any possibillity for me to do B ed under any university? I belong to general caste
14th October 2021, 03:37 AM
Unregistered

I have 49.5 in masters .I belong to general catagory.Can I get chance to do B ed in any university?
18th October 2021, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

My BA percentage is 49.67899 Iam b ed qalifye or not
12th December 2021, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

I have got 49.76% and in IGNOU certificate it is 50% I want to do p.hd from ignou I m st candidate am I eligible or not
25th May 2022, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

I got 49.7 percentage in m. A
An I eligible for Up pgt exam
Their eligible criteria is 50 percentage in pg
27th June 2023, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have secured 399 out of 800 in IGNOU BUT IT IS WRITTEN AS 50.00%IN MY PROVISIONAL MARKSHEET. THEN WHICH IS CORRECT
Mera bhi graduation me 49.83% hai. Aur mere UP b.ed.
me rounding percent se 50% pr admission obc se ho gya tha. Document verification me bhi wo log 50% bole.. But teaching form me accept nhi karta. Yhi galti ho gyi . ab lagta h waste ho gya krna . paise ke liye admission le lete h.. Aise hi post graduation pe b.ed. karne ka bhi koi fayda nhi h . graduation hi mangta h..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?