27th May 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Can Post Graduates who did through Distance Learning apply for NET/JRF examination?

The person having post graduate from Distance learning education can apply for NET/JRF examination ??

27th May 2010, 11:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Post Graduates who did through Distance Learning apply for NET/JRF examination?

Students who have done any post graduation course recognised by UGC in humanities, social science, computer science, electronics etc can apply for NET exam. They should have scored minimum of 55% exams in the post graduation. So if the distance learning program is approved by UGC or by Association of indian universities, then you are relative safe to apply for NET exams.
1st June 2010, 08:46 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can Post Graduates who did through Distance Learning apply for NET/JRF examination?

Yes of course why not !

Any candidate those who have passed there Master degree from any UGC recognised Institute of India, can appear for NET. weather you have passed your Master through distance or Regular mode.

If you have done Master through distance, then look if your institute is approved by Distance Learning Council of India. This council is been formed under Indira Gandhi NAtional Open University Act in 1985.

Check out its official website- http://www.dec.ac.in/

And check weather your institute is approved by DEC or not.

Best of luck
1st June 2010, 08:57 PM
anilgupta89

Of Course You can apply for NET/JRF after complete the Master Degree Through Distance Mode.

If the University is Recognized by UGC and Distance Education is Approved by DEC (Distance Education Council) then u can apply for NET/JRF.

Thanks

West Of Luck
1st June 2010, 09:31 PM
Ankit kumar dhanker

Yes you can apply for net because you copleted master degree from distance learning so you are surely elligible for that
1st June 2010, 09:54 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Yes, you can apply for NET or JRF exam.

The eligibility criteria for the examination states that you can apply if you have the done the post graduation [regular or distance doesn't matters].

All you have to watch is that whether you institute has been approved for the distance learning course or not.

So don't worry and go for it.
2nd June 2010, 02:49 AM
swati123

Anyone who has completed the Master's Degree from a UGC recognised institute with a minimum

score of 55% can sit for the NET/JRF examination. You will only need to make sure that the

course/program is approved by UGC.
10th June 2010, 10:12 AM
raghav*

Yes, you are eligible for NET/JRF exam.

The only thing that matters is the masters degree with a minimum of 55% in aggregate.
Distance or regular option doesn't matters here.

best of luck
7th July 2010, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

i had finished ug in ous system and distance learning in pg this programme is eligible in NET
19th July 2010, 02:24 PM
NISAMTI

you are eligible for NET.you complete your p.g...okay..while you are studying for p.g. also.you can appear for NET exam..but,it is better to write NET exam at the end of your your p.g. course.and,then,you can study further after completion of p.g...to know module of this NET exam..visit UGC website..you can more information you want regarding the NET
19th July 2010, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I DID MY MBA THROUGH ALGAPPA UNIVERSITY(DISTANCE),NOW I AM LOOKING FOR PH.D OR JRF WHICH IS GOOD OPTION FOR ME
PLEAS TELL ME
3rd August 2010, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Can post graduates who did through distance learning apply for Ph.D.?
9th August 2010, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

is m pharm and MSc eqivalent
4th September 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i have done my m.com through correspondance mysore university, can i apply for the net exam.
1st July 2011, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

i have done my m.com from dibrugarh university,can i apply for net/slet exam?
19th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Can post graduates who did through distance learning apply for Ph.D.?
24th August 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i have studied my bsc thrrough distance mode in annamalai university. i with to do msc maths in madras university through distance mode. after completing my msc i want to do net exam. after passing my net exam, iam eligible to apply lecturer jobs in government colleges or not.
16th September 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

i passed mca from UGC recognised university through distance mode, can i applicable for gate exam?
8th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MBA from ignou and I am 31 years old can I sit in the net exams
30th October 2011, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

LL.M DEGREE UNDER ORDINANCE 257-A IS ELIGIBLE FOR UGC NET-JRF EXAM?
22nd November 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MA Public Administration from University of Madras through distance mode. Can I apply for NET?
22nd November 2011, 10:34 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can Post Graduates who did through Distance Learning apply for NET/JRF examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The person having post graduate from Distance learning education can apply for NET/JRF examination ??

Eligibility For UGC-NET JRF

In order to appear for the UGC NET JRF (National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship) a candidate must have passed out his/her post graduation or in the final year with 55% or above (without rounding off) for general and OBC candidates..50% or above for SC/ST..

The candidates applying for the JRF program should not be more than 28 years of age as seen on the first date of the month of the exam..

The exam takes place twice a year in the months of June and December..

There is no constraint of distance or regular post graduation..only your degree must be from a recognized college..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
8th December 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

i have done one year Post graduate program in banking and finance from National Institute of Bank Management, pune.( its an institute by rbi.). can i appear for net exam?
22nd January 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

I have passed out B.A. with special paper in SOCIOLOGY with 56%marks on avg. i did master degree in english literature with 59%marks from Madurai kamraj university through distance education in 2005.can i appear before NET EXAM in both of the subject.
7th March 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

can a person pursue ph'd while doing post graduation through correspondence
7th March 2012, 09:55 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Post Graduation through distant learning can apply for NET/JRF examination.

NET- NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UGC(University Grant Commission) for selection of Lectureship and award for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The eligible candidate should be a Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University having secured 55% marks and not bellow the age of 17 years, is eligible to apply for NET. There is no upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship but the candidate applying for JRF should be within 28 years.

The NET exam is held twice every year one in June and other in December.

For more information you may log on to official website of UGC i.e. www.ugcnetonline.in
16th March 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Is Dibrugarh University's Distance Education for Post Graduate approved by Distance Education Council?
7th April 2012, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

CAN A UG STUDENT APPLY FOR net OR jrf?
20th March 2013, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Ihave passed M.Sc. Maths from Sikkim Maipal open University, Can I Apply for NET/JRF examination?
13th May 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

i completed my masters in medical sociology and i cleared NET in Sociology ? am i eligible to teach sociology.. my under graduction is not of sociological background... plz reply
7th June 2013, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I applied for net exam after completing Msc (cs) from annamalai distance course?
15th June 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Let me please know that, LLM Through Distance modes University approved by DEC & UGC, are eligible for Teaching LLB in Law colleges. As there was notification issued by the Bar Council Of India that, LLM From Distance mode are NOT Eligible for Lectureship in Law Colleges. Plz inform or reply this comment.
15th June 2013, 09:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

No problem at all. You can apply for the National Eligibility Test. The post graduation degree completed through distance education or correspondence hold same value as the regular mode degree.

Which means you have nothing to worry about. You can apply for College Lectureship or Junior Research Fellowship through the National Eligibility Test.

The problem will only occur if you have completed the post graduation degree from a university which is not recognized. The college should be recognized by University Grants Commission etc. Otherwise it will be impossible to appear for National Eligibility Test.

If that is not an issue, then there is no other problem you will face apart from the criteria which is required to meet in order to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be from India.

2. Must be post graduation degree holder.

3. Minimum of 55 percent marks should have been secured in PG.

4. SC/ST need to secure 50 percent marks.

5. Even final year students have permission to apply.

6. But they need to submit degree in 2 years timeframe.

7. You can only appear for subject which is related to your PG course.

8. The age of candidate should be less than 28 years for JRF.

9. OBC should not be more than 31 years.

10. While the age limit is 33 years for SC/ST.

11. For lectureship there is no upper age limit.
21st November 2013, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

i have done masters through distance and qualified ugc jrf , now will universities consider me for admission ,or will distance education be a constraint
9th December 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

I have 49% in my B.Sc. degree. Am i eligible for UGC JRF/NET exam?
9th December 2013, 12:27 PM
Kaaash_if

I have 49% in my graduation and now i am doing M.C.A. through distance education.
So am i eligible to give UGC JRF/NET exam
9th December 2013, 12:30 PM
Kaaash_if

I have 49% in my graduation and now i am doing M.C.A. through distance education.
So am i eligible to give UGC JRF/NET exam ?

kindly answer my question.

thanks in advance
7th April 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

I had done under graduation in BSc (MPC) IF I Will do my PG in public administration then will I eligible for net to write exam in public administration
21st June 2015, 06:56 AM
Unregistered

I have a M.Sc degree in Geography from Madras university distance education study center at kolkata session 2007-2009.Is it granted from UGC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?