2nd October 2018, 01:24 AM
Puritan

Career opportunities available for MSc(Food Technology) student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a student of MSc, studying with Food Technology. I want to know that what are the career opportunities available for me after completing my MSc course? Please tell me about the career opportunities for me.

5th October 2018, 09:55 AM
Subjectexpert

Default Re: Career opportunities available for MSc(Food Technology) student?

M.Sc. in Food Technology is a great course. It offers the opportunity to work in the area of Food processing, Nutritional research, food chemistry, Packaging etc.

This field has unlimited potential as need for Food items is ever growing with the increasing population. New innovations are always needed to make food healthier and increase shell life of processed food items.

Positions-
Food Technologist, Product/ Process Development Scientist, Technical Brewer, Production Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Laboratory Supervisor, Food Packaging Manager.

Major companies who recruit in this area are-
Amul, Dabur India Ltd, PepsiCo India Holdings, Nestle India Pvt. Ltd, Britannia Industries Ltd., ITC Limited, Parle Products Pvt. Ltd., Cadbury India Ltd., Patanjali Ayurved Limited.

Government Organization- Food corporation of India- It recruits professionals in this field through national level competitive exams.

Salary- Salaries vary from INR 3 to 10 lac annually for fresher.

For Experienced people salaries may be very high depending on skill and position.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?