22nd February 2016, 09:52 AM
Sushma Zacharia

M.Sc in Food Technology is possible after B.Sc in Nutrition & Food Technology? What are career opportunities after that?

Can i opt for msc food technology after taking bsc in nutrition and food science. Then what are the career opportunities after that .If i cant go for msc food technology then what else can i do for pg ?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MSc Food Technology? I have completed BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
  2. B.Sc in Nutrition and Food Science graduate can do M.Sc in Food Technology?
  3. Possibility to do Diploma in Nutrition & Food Technology for M.Sc(Food Technology) postgraduate? List of colleges with fee structure in West Bengal?
  4. Can I do masters in food technology after completing BSc Nursing
  5. Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?
  6. Details of M.Sc Food Science Technology and Food Science Nutrition courses
  7. Which are the colleges offering MSc food technology? Can I still enter into the field of food technology as my career?
  8. Am I eligible for doing M.Sc in Food Technology after B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration? Career opportunities after M.Sc in Food Technology?
  9. List reference books for Food Science and Technology course?
  10. Job opportunities after completion of M.Sc Food Chemistry and Food Technology?
  11. Should I do BSc in food technology from DU and then MBA or B.Tech in food technology? Colleges offering B.Tech in food technology?
  12. Are there any Correspondence courses in food technology?
  13. Am I eligible to do masters in food processing after completion of bachelors in nutrition and food technology?
  14. Should I go for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition if done B.Sc in Home Science?
  15. Is it possible to get admission in M.Sc. Degree in Food & Nutrition in abroad?
  16. Job opportunities after B.Sc and diploma in Food Technology?
  17. What is the procedure to get admission in MSc in food nutrition dietetics -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Sample papers of exam to get admission in MSc(Food Technology) in CFTRI Mysore?

29th August 2017, 06:14 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: M.Sc in Food Technology is possible after B.Sc in Nutrition & Food Technology? What are career opportunities after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushma Zacharia View Post
Can i opt for msc food technology after taking bsc in nutrition and food science. Then what are the career opportunities after that .If i cant go for msc food technology then what else can i do for pg ?

Yes, you can apply for M.SC food technology after completing your bachelors degree in nutrition and food technology. Here below are details regarding M.SC food technology course:-

Eligibility required:- Minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate degree in food technology is bachelors in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Food science and nutrition etc. from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

Duration of M.SC Food Technology Course:- The duration of master of science in food technology course is 2 years which are subdivided into 4 semesters.

Syllabus for M.SC Food Technology:-

Semester I:-

>> Food chemistry.

>> Principles of food engineering.

>> Food microbiology.

>> Principles of food processing and preservation.

Semester II:-

>> Unit operation in food processing.

>> Diary Technology.

>> Technology of fruits and vegetables.

Semester III:-

>> Technology of cereals.

>> Technology of meat, fish and poultry.

>> In plant training.

Semester IV:-

>> Packing technology.

>> Pulses and oilseeds technology.

>> Technology of beverages.

>> Research project.

Career Options after M.SC Food Technology:-

:- Food packing manager.

:- Laboratory supervisor.

:- Quality assurance manager.

:- Retail buyer.

:- Purchasing manager.

:- Production manager.

:- Technical brewer.

:- Processing development scientist.

:- Dietician.

:- Food technologist.

Institutes Offer M.SC Food Technology Course in India:-

1). Islamic University of Science and Technology, Pulwama.

2). Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Hisar.

3). Eternal University, Sirmaur.

4). Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan Mahavidyalaya, Unnao.

5). Guru Nanak Devv University, Amritsar.

6). Baba Farid Institute of Technology, Dehradun.

11th July 2019, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: M.Sc in Food Technology is possible after B.Sc in Nutrition & Food Technology? What are career opportunities after that?

Am I Eligible for a Msc Food and Technology in Europe course after completing 4 years of B.Pharm in India?

1st July 2021, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: M.Sc in Food Technology is possible after B.Sc in Nutrition & Food Technology? What are career opportunities after that?

I have done BSc. home science can I do MSc food science and technology???

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?