28th September 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Career scope of doing M.Tech in Dairy Technology after completion of B.Tech in Food Technology?

Is There Options For M Tech IN Dairy Technology After B Tech Food Technology

Related Questions:
  1. Prospects after completion of M.Tech Dairy Technology through distance?
  2. Syllabus of M.Tech in Dairy Technology?
  3. Should I do BSc in food technology from DU and then MBA or B.Tech in food technology? Colleges offering B.Tech in food technology?
  4. Procedure to get admission in foreign colleges to study M.Tech(Food Technology)? -- [New]
  5. What is the salary after passing B.Tech Food Technology?
  6. Will I be applicable for MSc or M.Tech in dairy technology? Which entrance exam do I need to give? I wish to enroll for PG in Dairy technology
  7. What is the future scope in Agriculture?
  8. Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?
  9. Sample papers of exam to get admission in MSc(Food Technology) in CFTRI Mysore?
  10. Which exams can I answer after passing B.Tech food technology?
  11. Am I eligible for M.Tech in food technology after doing B.Tech in Information Technology?
  12. What is the scope in M.Tech Dairy Technology? From where can I do PG course from India as well as from abroad?
  13. Should I do M.Tech in Food Technology or Environmental Technology after B.Tech Biotechnology? Which is better? Can I apply for lecturership after doing M.Tech in these streams?
  14. What is the scope of food technology?
  15. Best colleges or universities which are offering M.Tech in Food Technology?
  16. What are the job offers after completing B.Tech in Food Technology? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Post graduate diploma or part time M.Sc in Food & Dairy technology?
  18. Which are the colleges offering MSc food technology? Can I still enter into the field of food technology as my career?
28th September 2012, 06:57 PM
santhoshkumar1988

Default Re: Career scope of doing M.Tech in Dairy Technology after completion of B.Tech in Food Technology?

Job Prospects for M.Tech food technology :

There are plenty of job opportunities for food technologists in the country. Food technologists are in demand in the sectors such as hotels, quality control, soft drink factories, food industries, packaging, industries, hospitals, distilleries and rice mills.

The major food processing companies such as Perfetti India Ltd, Godrej industries Ltd, Amul, Parle Products Pvt. Ltd, Agro Tech Foods, ITC Limited, PepsiCo India Holding, Britannia Industries Ltd, Nestle India Pvt. Ltd, Cadbury India Ltd, MTR foods ltd and Dabur India Ltd take up food technologists for monitoring the storage, temperatures, experimenting, processing and hygiene.

Food technology graduates also have the option to take traditional professions such as teaching and working in food research laboratories or even start up own business venture as a food consultant. Public Sector such as Food Corporation of India also employ food technology graduates and diploma holders in food technology can work as food Inspector and junior executive in the state government.

Pay Package: -

The compensation offered in the industry of Food processing depends on the factors such as qualification, skills, work experience, job profile and contribution in the production process. However those professionals working in the field of food processing units in metro cities can earn attractive remuneration.

For a professional at an entry level can earn a salary ranging between Rs.8,000 to Rs.12,000 per month. Similarly, those with work experience can get a salary between Rs.15,000 to Rs.25,000 per month. For those at Senior management level with years of experience can expect a much high salaries in comparison with others in this field.

YES YOUR ELIGIBLE IN DAIRY TECHNOLOGY :

List of eligible courses :

Few specializations in this field are: -

Dairy

Sugar
Alcohol
Bakery and confectionery items
Oil and oil seed processing
Fruits and vegetables
Meat- Fish
Cereals

Job Prospects for M.Tech Dairy Technology

Dairy technology is one of the top career choices made by students in India. There is a lot of scope in terms of career opportunities. Presently there are more than 400 dairy plants in our country and many dairy equipment manufacturers. Graduates from this field can seek employment in government and private organizations such as rural banks, manufacturing firms, cooperatives, milk product processing and dairy farms. Dairy management is one such diversified field consisting of many tasks and involving many principles.

Professionals in this career can also opt for teaching jobs in universities and colleges. Dairy technologists can also become a freelancer such as small-scale milk plants, ice-cream units, creamery products processing and or can work as consultants. A consultant needs several years of working experience in dairy farms to be successful. Quality control departments also recruit dairy technologists. This field has lot of opportunities for those who want to pursue a career as a researcher.

Some job profiles: -

Manager
Educationist
Dairy Technologist
Micro-biologists
Nutritionists
Theologians
Dairy Scientist
Industry supervisor
Dairy Medical Officer

Remuneration: -

The remuneration of a professional mainly depends on the factors such as the company, job profile, qualification, skills and work experience. A skilled engineer employed in private sector can expect income around Rs. 6,000 - Rs. 12,000 every month in the beginning stage. After gaining experience one can earn around 10,000 - 15,000 every month. Graduates are generally recruited as trainees and shift officers. General Managers get salary of Rs 20,000 and upwards every month.

God luck!!!!
11th May 2014, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career scope of doing M.Tech in Dairy Technology after completion of B.Tech in Food Technology?

I have completed B.E in Mechanical Engineering; Am I eligible for doing M.Tech in Dairy Technology? Please reply
7th June 2014, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

After complate b.tech and m.tech in dairy technology jobs place in gujrat and salary??????!
30th May 2018, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I am BE Mechanical Engineering graduate,can I enter the dairy technology and any related courses,if yes then how?
28th July 2019, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

I have completed B. Tech food technology ; Am I eligible for doing M.Tech in Dairy Technology? Please reply
1st June 2020, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.Tech in Mechanical engineering, Am I eligible for doing M.Tech in Dairy Technology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?