19th July 2014, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?

HEY!

I have almost completed my studies in B.TECH (Food Technology) and I really wanted to sort out a BIG problem in my career.
After I complete my B.TECH degree in Food Technology, will I have any advantage by doing M.TECH in Food Technology?

The question is really not that simple, I'm not asking if a certain job will be easy to get or if it is the best study to do after B.TECH in Foof Technology.
What I wanted to ask is, what will I get to study in M.TECH?
Higher studies in food technology? Will they be differnet?

And will M.TECH in FOOD TECHNOLOGY give me some more job oppurtuinities in more food tech fields? If so, what fields?
Thanks, regards.

25th July 2014, 08:59 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?

Yes, M.Tech in Food Technology is a very good degree course to pursue since the job opportunities will increase after pursuing M.Tech degree. Apart from that, the salary of M.Tech students is higher as compared to the graduate students. There are various job opportunities for candidates with degree in Food Technology. You will get to learn in depth in your M.Tech degree course.

Modern world has become more health conscious than before as well as there is more advancement in health matters.As a consequence various sectors of Health like Physiotherapy,Physical Fitness,Dietetics and nutrition are gradually increasing their demand.

You can get employment opportunities in hotels, cruise lines, hospitals, nursing homes and government health departments.Shipping companies such as Shell, Maersk or their subsidiary companies that run tourist ships also recruit candidates of this field.Several sports organizations, companies and factories,spas and clinics also recruit aspirants of this field.

In public Sector,you can get into-
Ministry of Food and Its Quality
Trademarking company
Export of food stuff Sector
You can also get job in Indian Army,Navy,Air force,Indian Police Force,Indian Railways,Nationalized Banks and civil services.

In private sector you can get job in many companies like-
-Nestle India
-Cadbury
-Sunfeast
-Britania
-Cocacola
-Pepsico
-Consumable product companies such as Colgate, CloseUp,Amul,Bournvita,Complan,etc.
-Hyatt Corporation
-Accor Hospitality
-Taj Group of Hotels
-Vatika Group
-Le Meridien
-Apollo Group of Hospitals
-AIIMS
7th February 2016, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?

what are the subjects in net exam after completing msc dieticis and food science management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?