11th February 2018, 11:00 PM
n.islam0282

Are class improvement students eligible to appear for NEET-2018?

I scored 56 in Biology, 49 in Chemistry, 47 in Physics in 12th. This year I'm appearing for class improvement for all the subjects. So can I appear in NEET as well? If yes, then what should be my status on the NEET form 12th passed or 12th appearing.?

22nd February 2018, 10:11 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are class improvement students eligible to appear for NEET-2018?

Yes, you can appear for NEET examination even after appearing for improvement examination of 12th Standard.

According to me, your status on the NEET form be 12th appearing. But i suggest you to check this criteria in the official website of NEET examinations or you can also consult any teacher of your school/institute.

Eligibility criteria for NEET are:-
Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics along with English also, after a period of 12 years of study.

Candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (GEN), 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks (GEN PH), 40% marks (SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH) taken together in PCB subjects.
23rd February 2018, 09:00 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination held for offering admission in MBBS/BDS degree course across any medical colleges of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility for appearing in NEET for students appearing in improvement examination then I would like to let you know that as per the new rule candidates appearing in improvement examinations are not eligible for appearing in NEET as candidates can appear in improvement examination only as a private candidate and private candidates are not eligible for appearing in NEET.

Further, as per your marks mentioned above, you have secured more than 50% marks in PCB group and if you have managed to secure 50% in other two subjects also then there is no need to appear in improvement examination for appearing in NEET.

For more details regarding NEET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
23rd February 2018, 12:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET is conducted by CBSE for admission of candidates in MBBS and BDS courses.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

1. You must have studied PCB subjects in 12th. Board appearing candidates can also apply for exam.

From 2018, private candidates can not apply for exam. Improvement candidate can apply for NEET exam. Your status will be appearing for 12th board exams.

Candidates from open school are not eligible.

You can read full notification in case of any doubt at NEET notification 2018 .
23rd February 2018, 09:01 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Senior secondary board improvement candidates can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. From 2018, students who have done 12th from private can not apply for NEET exam for admission in MBBS and BDS courses.

Other criteria for exam:

Percentage requirement: Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required to apply for NEET exam.

You should attain minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of year of admission.

Your status will be 12th board appearing.
23rd February 2018, 10:56 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.islam0282 View Post
I scored 56 in Biology, 49 in Chemistry, 47 in Physics in 12th. This year I'm appearing for class improvement for all the subjects. So can I appear in NEET as well? If yes, then what should be my status on the NEET form 12th passed or 12th appearing.?
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NEET Exams is senior secondary board passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination with biology stream in 10+2. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th is required to apply for MBBS course.

The age limit for MBBS course is 17-25 years.

Your status will be 12th appearing as you are going to give the exams based on this years marks.
If you apply as 12th passed , than you do not meet the eligibilty criteria of minimum 50% marks in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?