19th January 2019, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Color blindness candidate are eligible for Department of Post (Gramin Dak Sevak (Branch Post Master) or not?

I am selected for Branch Post Master (post office) under Gramin Dak Sewak department of Post. I have defect of colour blindness. Am I eligible for this post? Please kindly tell me.

31st January 2020, 03:28 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: Color blindness candidate are eligible for Department of Post (Gramin Dak Sevak (Branch Post Master) or not?

Yes. You are eligible to apply for the post of GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) even though you have colour blindness. If you fall under the PwD category as per prescribed criteria of low vision and filled form under that, then you would get reservation benefits also.

Eligibility for GDS
- You must have passed class 10th with mathematics and english as compulsory or elective subjects from a recognized board.
- Age Limit : 18 to 40 years. Upper age relaxation applicable 3 year to OBC, 5 years to SC/ST and extra 10 years for PwD.
- You must have basic computer training course certificate of at least 60 days from government approved institute.
- You must have knowledge of cycling.
12th March 2020, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Color blindness candidate are eligible for Department of Post (Gramin Dak Sevak (Branch Post Master) or not?

Is a colour blind candidate eligible for GDS gramin Dak sevak? Is there any problem for the recruitment of the GDS
18th November 2020, 06:42 AM
Unregistered

I have a low vision wearing Spects also... & I was applied only UR Category only So I can eligible for the post
2nd August 2022, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Post office me mts post me color blindness allow hai
8th October 2022, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Colour blind is fit for the post of postman
23rd May 2023, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Can a colour blind person get selected in gds post?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?