9th December 2015, 12:57 PM
bhawya bhola

Commerce student can do IIT courses or not?

HELLO, i am a student of class 12th commerce with maths stream. But, actually i want to know that a commerce student can do a IIT courses or not?

9th December 2015, 06:09 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Commerce student can do IIT courses or not?

The entrance to India's number one technical institute that is Indian Institute of Technology is given through Joint Entrance Exam conducted by CBSE.

For this exam, one of the most essential criteria is that candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2.

So, you can not join IIT for technical courses being a commerce stream candidate.
9th December 2015, 06:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Joint Entrance Exam is that candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2, in other words science stream with Mathematics.

Hence, commerce stream candidates are not eligible for IIT courses.
9th December 2015, 07:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawya bhola View Post
HELLO, i am a student of class 12th commerce with maths stream. But, actually i want to know that a commerce student can do a IIT courses or not?
No, 12th commerce student are not eligible for IIT course.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
9th December 2015, 08:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.

To get admission in IIT candidates have to qualify in JEE examination. JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination and it is conducted in two stages. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 with PCM as main paper and have at least 50% aggregate.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT being a commerce stream student.
9th December 2015, 09:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Indian Institute of Technology which is India's best technical institute it is compulsory to qualify in JEE examination.

JEE examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advance. To appear for examination required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.
* Candidate must have PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination and hence, not eligible to get admission in IIT being a student of commerce stream.
10th December 2015, 12:57 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

If you completed 12th in Physics,chemistry & maths then definitely you can apply for IIT course.If you have done 12th in commerce discipline then you are not eligible.

Eligibility Criteria:- Education Required:- You must have passed 12th with science stream & maths as a compulsory subject

You must apply for these graduate courses such as:-

BBA

B.Com

CS

CA
10th December 2015, 04:25 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

No, you can not get admission in IIT because only those student is eligible for IIT JEE who are in final year of +2 having subject physics,Chemistry and Math. Maximum limit for appear in JEE exam is 2.
But do not worry about it,you first complete your graduation in commerce subject as there is also large scope for commerce student.That are as follows:
i) You can take admission in CA (charter Accountant) course, you will get same respect and earn more money than an IITian.
ii)You can also appear in exam of Indian economics services that is conducted by UPSC.
This is equivalent to IAS.
10th December 2015, 04:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say that if your subject is commerce than you are not eligible for IIT related cources. For this an aspirant must have completed his or her 10+2 with physics, chemistry or maths as main subject. But from commerce you also have better opportunities so no need to run behind engineering or any other related courses.
18th October 2016, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

I am class 12th student of commerce and I have 5th main subject as IP and I want to know the courses offered by iit for which I can go for
8th July 2019, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Can commerce student apply for jee
15th March 2020, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

commerce student can't do IIT Exam so what is solution this student how con do IIT exam. they are one more time give 11th-12th in Science exam or only 12th science exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?