1st December 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have blood relation with an ISRO person to join ISRO?

I am an ec engg. n want to join isro.is it compulsory for me that i should have blood relation with an isro person?

5th December 2011, 06:16 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have blood relation with an ISRO person to join ISRO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am an ec engg. n want to join isro.is it compulsory for me that i should have blood relation with an isro person?
Hello friend,
No,its not true at all. To join the Indian Space Research Organisation, you must be a qualified person.
To join the organisation, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification available on the official website of ISRO.
25th May 2012, 11:38 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it compulsory to have blood relation with an ISRO person to join ISRO?

Hi

ISRO - Indian Space Research Organization

This is one of the top Space Research Organizations in India who are also one of the best satellite launchers in the World.

Now earlier the ISRO used to conduct its own Entrance Exams for the selection of students or candidates recruitment's in their organization.
But recently ISRO and other PSU's like NTPC, NHPC, BHEL, etc have decided that they would start selecting candidates based on the GATE score and All India Rank.

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is an exam conducted by the IIT's every year in February to select candidates for the M.Tech courses as well as the PSU recruitment's.

Now coming to your Question, if blood relation is need. I would say this is total racial discrimination and so its NOT AT ALL NECESSARY to have any blood relation with any other ISRO member or staff.

You just need to be a graduate in B.E/B.Tech or an M.Tech in the related streams and then you can apply for the ISRO. If you get good rank and percentile in the GATE, then you would surely get a call.

Hope this helps

All the best
Regards
RANJEET
25th May 2012, 11:54 AM
VIVEK2525

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have blood relation with an ISRO person to join ISRO?

Hi friends,

ISRO - Indian Space Research Organization

This is one of the top Space Research Organizations in India who are also one of the best satellite launchers in the World.

Now earlier the ISRO used to conduct its own Entrance Exams for the selection of students or candidates recruitment's in their organization.
But recently ISRO and other PSU's like NTPC, NHPC, BHEL, etc have decided that they would start selecting candidates based on the GATE score and All India Rank.

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is an exam conducted by the IIT's every year in February to select candidates for the M.Tech courses as well as the PSU recruitment's.

Now coming to your Question, if blood relation is need. I would say this is total racial discrimination and so its NOT AT ALL NECESSARY to have any blood relation with any other ISRO member or staff.

You just need to be a graduate in B.E/B.Tech or an M.Tech in the related streams and then you can apply for the ISRO. If you get good rank and percentile in the GATE, then you would surely get a call.

Hope this helps

All the best
Regards
vivek
25th May 2012, 05:32 PM
Ayan.kai

Hi Friend ,
First of all it's not the true fact. There's need no blood connection. It's just about the Criteria that you are able to fulfil. For your knowledge there's IRCB exams offered by ISRO for which you must fulfil the whole criteria. ISRO had started taking ISAT examination for the Plus 2 appearing / passed students who have Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as main Science subject. So there's only 156 seats for Avonics, Physical Science etc. So as you can see that getting chance there is not a easy task and asking for blood connection is just a foolish thing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?