16th August 2018, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Computer Applications or Computer Science, which one has better scope for BSc aspirant?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. I have a little confusion, I want to do BSc in Computer Applications but I also planning to do BSc in Computer Science. So, please tell me which one has better scope between them?

17th August 2018, 10:59 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Computer Applications or Computer Science, which one has better scope for BSc aspirant?

B.Sc in Computer science & Bachelor of Computer Application has good scope and have their own importance.

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Computer science & Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) are 3 years graduation level degrees.
The basic eligibility required for studying both the courses is a 10+2 in science stream with minimum 50% from any recognised board.
After completing B.Sc in CS you can study either M.Sc in CS or MCA but if you study BCA you can study only MCA.

When comparing the job opportunities, the chances of getting job is easy with BCA compared to B.Sc in CS. The salary package is high for BCA candidates than B.Sc in CS candidates.

The scope of B.Sc in CS is as follows:

- DTP Operator
- Software engineer
- Developer
- Project Manager
- Project analyst
- Teacher

The scope of BCA is as follows:

- Mobile application developer
- Computer operator
- Computer application tutor
- Laboratory technician
- Computer programmer
- Senior application support analyst

Comparing all the aspects it will be better if you choose BCA rather than choosing B.Sc in CS.
18th August 2018, 12:18 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Computer Applications or Computer Science, which one has better scope for BSc aspirant?

As per my knowledge, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is best for you rather than Computer Applications.

B.Sc. Computer Science or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is an undergraduate Computer Science Course. The duration of this course is three years.

The name of best jobs opportunity after completing this course are given below.

=> Security and Surveillance Companies

=> Technical Support Centres

=> Banking Sector

=> Consultancies

=> Financial Institutions

=> Insurance Providers

=> Schools and Colleges

=> Government Agencies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?