19th June 2011, 04:50 PM
Rohit Agrawal01

Which course is better among IT and CSE? Placement details of the courses?

sir/madam among it and cse which course is good, my rank in wbjee is 13959 and i want to do software engineering and also provide me knowledge about placement in these courses?

25th June 2011, 08:44 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Which course is better among IT and CSE? Placement details of the courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Agrawal01 View Post
sir/madam among it and cse which course is good, my rank in wbjee is 13959 and i want to do software engineering and also provide me knowledge about placement in these courses?

WHICH IS BEST COURSE AMONG CSE AND IT IN ENGINEERING

Basically there is no big difference between CSE and IT, it more or less deals with the same syllabus and subjects but one or 2 subjects added or removed...

-> Computer Science course is mainly for innovating things which is been studied and to come up with new ideas.

-> Information Technology is more of using the technology rather than creating new things.

-> The fact is most of the companies give more preference to CSE candidate than to IT candidate.

-> As you have a good rank in WBJEE just select the good college to pursue either CSE or IT with your interest...

-> After finishing the course you can go for M.Tech Software Engineering which you preferred and work hard in it by coming out with some good innovative projects.

-> As for placements, it's really good for candidates who have completed their PG course and also for UG students too..

-> The campus placement is going to increase in the coming years, so you don't have to worry about that..

-> Just take the course which you are interested in, and start working hard from the start of the course for sure you will shine in your future..
25th June 2011, 10:51 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better among IT and CSE? Placement details of the courses?

hi,
there is no big difference in cse & it

*computer science is mainly for innovating things
*information technology is mainly for using the technology

placements is good for both cse & it

good luck..........
25th June 2011, 11:33 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Default Re: Which course is better among IT and CSE? Placement details of the courses?

Quote:
Dear Friend,

CSE is far better than IT. But it is always better to give preference to your choice to do better.

Placement will be done in any MNC if you do well in your course. All the best to you.

Regards,

Ramjash
26th June 2011, 12:14 AM
anu preethi

i got 43.569 marks in tancet and had gatescore 241.i am belongs to BC catogory.if is it eligible to get sean in anna university?
26th June 2011, 02:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
both department are same and the study period also same. in CSE field you are learn about extra two topics like compiler design .

if you can choose IT then you have face problem in placement time. like TATA ELAXI would not prefer IT student.

so you can choose CSE department.

all the best.
26th June 2011, 09:24 AM
raja badam

Actually there is no big difference between them.
Information Technology deals about how to use technology,where CSE deals about for to improve student thinking power.
now a days both are good.
you have a good placements in software industries when you are work hard.

and also you will be start new soft ware company with an low amount.it is only possible in only software industry.
you must learn program language skills learn properly.
all the best for you..
26th June 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

can i switch over to cse after getting admitted to it course? if yes then how can i do it so.
26th June 2011, 11:45 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Both Computer science and Information technology are almost same.

Syllabus of both branches are almost same.

Requirements in IT companies for both branches are same but Computer science student are more demanded.

In computer science you are required complete knowledge of languages.you stand in any company on the basis of your command on language.

Todays future of both branches student is bright.IT industries are growing fastly.
1st August 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

want to knw jobs for CSE & IT
1st August 2011, 10:40 PM
Sehwag6

DEAR Friend,
***COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ARE SAME BUT SOME DIFFERENCES ARE THERE ONLY
***BETTER YOU CHOOSE COMPUTER SCIENCE BECAUSE IT HAS GOOD SCOPE,JOBS AND EARNINGS ARE VERY GOOD WHEN COMPARES TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
ALL THE BEST
1st August 2011, 10:41 PM
Sehwag6

DEAR Friend,
***COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ARE SAME BUT SOME DIFFERENCES ARE THERE ONLY
***BETTER YOU CHOOSE COMPUTER SCIENCE BECAUSE IT HAS GOOD SCOPE,JOBS AND EARNINGS ARE VERY GOOD WHEN COMPARES TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
ALL THE BEST
27th August 2011, 07:39 AM
Unregistered

Sir! I got a lowest rank... So there is no way to take cse for me... But i am interested for cse only... Now my parents and friends are telling to join for IT... What to do say
28th August 2011, 02:52 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
As you have score a good rank you can have many good colleges to choose, but you are confused about which stream is better IT or CSE.

Dear, Both the stream is almost equal in terms of syllabus but the demand is little high for CSE, and students also give preference to CSE than IT.

But I am giving you a little more idea that is if you take IT than this is the most easiest stream even than CSE.You will learn Java before CSE.

But friend I will suggest you choose that stream which your heart is eager for.
Best of luck
6th September 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

is IT has less job opportunity?how much salary will get to a software engineer?
31st May 2012, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

sir,
which is better in placement computer engg. or I.T. engg.??
31st May 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

which is better for placement, computer engg or I.T. engg.?
30th June 2012, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

which is better for placements from msit.....cse or it????
5th July 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Pls. tell me asap which is better... B.Tech in CSE from NIT Allahabad or in IT from Delhi Technological University from the point of view of course, job prospects, placements, earnings and future?
Thanks,
Anil Kumar
26th July 2012, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

i am getting admission in CSE in manev rechna collage fridabad and also in itm gurgaon in IT. which one is better for me.
31st July 2012, 05:51 AM
Unregistered

can any1 tell me which subject is more demanding betweeen Cse or EEE..? i need your answers my dear friends...i am having complications among these although i lyk cse .
24th June 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

my wbjee rank is 556. i want to be a software engineer. should i go to BESU CSE??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?