28th May 2017, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Which course is better B.Sc or B.Com?

Hello everybody! I have a dilemma that which course should I opt after my 12th cbse. My dad asked me a question which course is better B.Sc or B.Com and i ask you all the same question.
Please answer the question as soon as possible.

29th May 2017, 08:49 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better B.Sc or B.Com?

As per my suggestion, for your bright future you can go for Bachelor of Science course rather than B.Com course.

B.Sc. or Bachelor of Science is an undergraduate course. The duration of this course is three years. For this course candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

Subjects available in Bachelor of Science: Biology, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics and Zoology.

After completion of this course you can apply for job in given below Employment area.

BEST EMPLOYMENT AREA

=> Forensic Crime Research

=> Food Institutes

=> Forest Services

=> Health Care Providers

=> Hospitals

=> Industrial Laboratories

=> Oil Industry

=> Research Firms

=> Seed and Nursery Companies
29th May 2017, 01:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Both courses are better for your future because both have their own importance in their fields you cannot make a comparison in between them. Obviously if you will ask someone then he or she will say that you must go for Bachelor of Science because nowadays science has more job opportunities but I will say that you must opt for that stream in which you are interested and you think that it would be fruitful for you in your future.
Science stream is difficult in comparison to Bachelor of Commerce stream but still your interest matter.
29th May 2017, 02:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc stands for the Bachelor of Science and the B.Com for the Bachelor of Commerce and both the course quite different from each other.

Also both course have better future and career and good jobs.

So go with the one in which you have more interest.

The eligibility to get the admission is:

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The eligibility to get the admission in different colleges may differ sometimes as it is necessary to have Mathematics as Main subjects in class 12th for the admission in DU.

After commerce you are a step ahead for the CA, CS, ICWA.
29th May 2017, 05:25 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It totally depends upon candidate's choice. Both the courses are good and candidates select course according to career interest.

1. Bachelor's degree in commerce course is good for career in Chartered Accountancy, ICWA, CA, ICSI, CFA, MBA etc.

2. Bachelor of Science course for M.Sc, research work etc.

You need to decide what you want to achieve in life and depending upon which you can select either of course.
29th May 2017, 10:20 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) and B.Sc (Bachelor of science) they have equal importance based on the their subjects and job opportunities. It depends on your interest because every course has its own importance you cannot compare any courses. If have taken commerce in your 12th class you can join in B.Com. If you have taken science and maths you can join in B.Sc.

Job opportunities:

After B.Com:
- Accountant
- Tax consultant
- Bank PO
- Account executive
- BPO Team leader
- Insurance advisor
- Loan advisor
- Commodity trader etc

After B.Sc:
- Scientists
- Scientific assistant
- Research analyst
- Teachers
- Technical writers/ editors
- Lectures
- Chemist
- Clinical research manager etc
30th May 2017, 02:10 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Both the courses are better for your career. It depends upon you and your interest that which course you want to pursue. Commerce is all about calculations and science is all about formulas, research etc. So only you can take this decision. Thanks
30th May 2017, 07:01 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Both the courses are better. Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Commerce is two different stream courses. Candidates need to select course according to your interest in that stream not on suggestion or increasing trend of that course.

The simple solution to your dilemma is that you need to decide whether you are interested in science subjects like Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics or commerce stream subjects like accountancy, economics etc.

If you are interested in Science stream then you can go for Bachelor of Science otherwise Commerce course.
5th September 2018, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Interest is more important than career in my point of view .one who has interest in any field can easily go for it,I always appreciate interest.
18th June 2019, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th science and I want to take BCom in degree. Is it good choice or bad ?
1st June 2020, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

all courses are good.and obviously its a good choice but i will prefer bcom hons
4th June 2020, 12:06 PM
monii bhadala

b. sc is a basic course though b. com provides you more options. in comparison to b. sc, b. com has more opportunities for professional courses. there are more professional courses linked with b. com.. though a bsc graduate can also join in banking, bcom graduates get some special offers..
12th July 2021, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Which group has high job scope..?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?