26th January 2018, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Which course to study after 12th in order to become a Dietitian?

Now I am completing my 12th. I want to be a Dietitian. What is the main steps to become a Dietitian? Which course do I need to study for in order to become a Dietitian? How much marks I need to score in 12th to be eligible for that course?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Dietitian) for Physiotherapy postgraduate?
  2. How can I study Dietitian course to become a Nutritionist being a 12th Commerce student with 4 years gap?
  3. How to join Dietitian course after passing 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which one is better between Microbiology and Dietitian? Average salary after M.Sc Microbiology or Dietitian?
  5. What courses shall I join after completion of 12th class to become a Dietitian?
  6. What course should I pursue to become a Dietitian or a Nutritionist after passing 12th exam?
  7. How can I join for dietitian course in Kerala?
  8. Procedure to become a dentist to be a dietitian after completing 12th? What are the courses which I can do? Are there any colleges in Karnataka preferably Mangalore?
  9. Can I do dietitian course after graduating in Arts? I am 35 years old
  10. Is it possible to do nutrition and dietitian course after completion of BCA course?
  11. How to do dietitian course? What is the fee structure and the last date?
  12. How to do Dietitian course after passing bSc in Biology
  13. In which subject should I do M.Sc to become a Dietitian and which books should I refer for preparation of entrance exams?
  14. Dietitian or Nutritionist after B.Sc in home science and M.Sc in food nutrition?
  15. Procedure to apply for an Internship in AIIMS, Delhi for Dietitian? -- [New]
  16. Qualification required to join biology field like health dietitian course? I have completing my 12th in science stream
  17. What can I study after 12th standard with scholarship?
  18. How to join Dietitian course or M.A in Sociology after passing GNM
30th January 2018, 12:43 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to study after 12th in order to become a Dietitian?

Dietitians are professionals who use the science of managing nutrition to promote a healthy life. In order to become dietitian you have to take up either B.Sc Nutrition or B.E in Food Technology. You have to write the entrance test for getting admission in this courses.

The basis eligibility for these entrances is to pass HSC in 10+2 pattern.

Many institution in India offer these courses. Some of them are Bhartidasan University, IIS university,etc.
30th January 2018, 02:58 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Dietitians are health care professionals who develop and supervise diet programs that improve public health. Dietitians generally need a bachelor's degree in dietetics or a related field. Master's degrees are recommended for advancement.
So, after completing 10+2 exam,you should go for a bachelor degree in dietetics. After completing graduation, you should go for a master degree to get better jobs.
30th January 2018, 08:02 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Courses after 12th to become a Dietician are:-
B.Sc in Clinical Nutrition
B.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics
B.Sc in Food Science and Nutrition
B.Sc in Applied Nutrition
B.Sc in Dietetics
B.Sc in Home Science (Nutrition and Food Science Specialization)

To join these Courses, you have to score at least 60% aggregate in 12th standard.

To become registered Dietician in India, you have to complete B.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics or other relevant B.Sc Course and M.Sc in Clinical Nutrition or Food & Nutrition. After that, you must go through 6 months long internship stint at any one of the hospitals recognized by IDA or you have to possess 2 years work experience at any multidisciplinary hospital as a Dietician
30th January 2018, 10:16 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You have to pursue either Diploma course or Bachelor degree course in particular field and this is the main and important step to make career in this field.
You must have passed Intermediate from 50% to 60% aggregate to get admission in any of the good colleges.

There are various courses available to become a Dietician.

Diploma courses are as follows:-
Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
Diploma in Dietetics
Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
Diploma in Food Science and Nutrition
Diploma in Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition
Diploma in Nutrition and Food Technology

Bachelor degree courses are as follows:-
B.Sc in Clinical Nutrition
B.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics
B.Sc in Food Science and Nutrition
B.Sc in Dietetics
B.Sc in Applied Nutrition
B.Sc in Home Science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?