18th June 2010, 03:20 PM
gargishankar

CS: Whether i'll have to appear for an competitive exams to get admission for CS?

Dear Sir,

I have cleared my B.Com this year and now i want to opt for the course of company secreatary.please guide me how to take admission for the course of Company secreatary (CS) and also regarding it's fee structure.

I would also like to know whether i'll have to appear for an competetive exams to get admission for CS and if yes then when this exams is going to held.

Also confirm me if i want to appear in dec CS exam, what is the last date to apply for that and if the date has passed then when next i can apply for the CS exams.

Kindly do the needful to me.

Await your early response.

Thanks and best regards

Gargi shankar sahu.

18th June 2010, 11:28 PM
swati123

Default Re: CS: Whether i'll have to appear for an competetive exams to get admission for CS?

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is the sole authority that regulates the profession of Company Secretaries in India. The CS course is divided into three stages - Foundation Course, Intermediate Course and Final Course. Eligibility for appearing in the foundation or the intermediate course are 10+2 and Graduation respectively. Entrance Exams are held twice a year - in June and December; but to appear in the exams, you will have to register with the ICSI at least eight months in advance. For more information about the course, visit the site http://www.indiaedu.com/career-courses/company-secretary-courses/
19th June 2010, 01:16 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Default Re: CS: Whether i'll have to appear for an competetive exams to get admission for CS?

hi,

Fee Structure of company secretary are-

You need to spend Rs 3,600 for the foundation program. A commerce
graduate can pay a fee of Rs 7000 for Executive program

dates for december examination has passes which was 28th of feb. 2010 , so you can enroll for next year june batch i.e. 2011

Company Secretaryship course is divided into three sections. Foundation, Executive, and Professional Programme. After the final exam the candidate has to undergo practical training.

Duration of the Foundation Course is 8 months excluding the months of admission and the examination. Students are required to pass the Foundation examination within 3 years from the date of their admission. Candidates who have passed senior secondary (10+2) or equivalent and the form cost is rs.200

Candidates who have passed the Foundation course, and are not less than 17 years of age can apply for to be an Executive Programme student.and the form cost is rs.300

for more information you can visit:

http://www.icsi.edu/

best of luck!!!
19th June 2010, 01:26 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

Since, you are a commerce graduate, you are eligible for admission in the Executive programme of company secretary without pursuing the foundation course.
There is no entrance test conducted for admission in CS programme.
The last date of registration is 28th of February to appear in the examination conducted same year in the month of December and 31st of August for the examination conducted next year in the month of June.
The fee structure for the executive programme is Rs.5250/-

For further information, pls contact

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Phone-(011) 51504444, 24617321-24, 24644431-32
Fax-(011)24626727
E-mail - Contact Us
Website - www.icsi.edu
20th June 2010, 08:05 PM
jicks

Hi,

Admission to CS course is open throughout the year.

This course is offered by correspondence only.

You need not write any competetive/entrance exam for getting selected.

Since you are B.Com graduate you can skip the foundation level go for Intermediate level.

There are 4 centres covering Delhi,Mumbai.Kolkata and Chennai

I cannot provide fee structure since it varies periodically.

For further details log on www.icsi.edu and go for Regional offices, select the place you want to study and make direct call to the centre for knowing about the fees.

All the Very best...
20th June 2010, 10:00 PM
Amritansu subh

Dear a examination is conducted for c.s and this is twice in every month which is in march and december.
15th October 2010, 11:18 PM
docshakti

hi,
to do CS competitive exam is not necessary you have to be12th pass commerce student.this course is the correspondance course and it is done at 3 stages that is foundation level,intermediate level and final result.
19th June 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: CS: Whether i'll have to appear for an competitive exams to get admission for CS?

i want to know about cs in details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?