12th August 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Are deemed universities good or not?

some deemed university having the problems in derecognisation.so now the condition any company considering deemed university certificate

24th October 2012, 07:26 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Are deemed universities good or not?

Hello Friend,

Yes you right, some deemed university have the problem of derecognisation. But it does mean that it is true for all deemed universities. There are universities like Jadavpur University which is recognized not only in India but worldwide.

So before joining a course into such deemed university, first check it out whether that university is recognized by people around you or not. It would be better if you can find out whether the students passed from the particular university are well placed or not as if they are not then clearly it won't be a good choice to take admission in such a university.

Best wishes..
5th January 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

how is the MITS Sikar Rajsthan to do research...?
5th January 2013, 09:26 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
There are many deemed university,some of them are not good,but some are very very good.
Some deemed universities are very best not in India but in world also.
So you have to check and cnfirm all information about a university in which you have to take admission.
good luck
29th January 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

is shobhit university is eligible for higher study in mg university kerala ?
29th January 2013, 07:42 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
some deemed university having the problems in derecognisation.so now the condition any company considering deemed university certificate
Hey!! It depends!!
Actually some of them are not good, but some are very good.

So before joining a course into such deemed university, first check it out whether that university is recognized by people around you or not. It would be better if you can find out whether the students passed from the particular university are well placed or not as if they are not then clearly it won't be a good choice to take admission in such a university.
11th April 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Is deemed University equal as distance education what is the difference?
12th April 2013, 10:25 AM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Aspirant,

Yes, you should be very careful while selecting institues/colleges for higher studies.

There are almost 130 deemed universities in India.Out of which 44 are in dangerous positions.The central govt. has decided to cancel the recognition of these universities.

Of course the Deemed universities which are recognised by UGC & are in safe zone,they are good for imparting education of high quality & in time.Being a deemed university,they have all the powers to conduct the entrance exam,final exam & imparting degree in time.Only few institutes of own kind in single managewment are working in a single Deemed Universitiy,It becomes easier to take decision on any issue.In general there are many colleges affiliated in a single universities which are dependendent upon the UGC grants,face difficulties to manage the educational affairs in time.

So recognised deemed Universities are good for education .the best example is BIT Mesra.

Good luck.
12th April 2013, 12:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

First of all I would like to tell you the basic definition of Deemed university which is as below:

Deemed university is a status of autonomy granted to high performing institutes and departments .

It is not that all the deemed universities faces the problem of recognition.It depends upon from which university you are pursuing your bachelor's degree or any degree.

Some of the deemed universities like :

>>BITS,Pilani

>>VIT University

>>SRM University

>>Jadavpur University

>>Satyabhama university are well known for their quality education .These universities have better placements also and lots of students from abroad also pursue their degree .

So you cannot say that all are untrustable.The universities which I have mentioned above are far better then good and average colleges for pursuing any degree.While pursuing degree ,you will learn a lot about different cultures,ideology from different candidates from different places.

Hope you may have got what I intended to convey through the last few lines of my response.if you have any more query ,please leave it here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
13th April 2013, 04:47 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Deemed Universities are the Universities that offer Higher Education but the courses offered by them are not completely recognized , i.e., these universities need recognition every year and in every year by the Recognition Providing organizations like AICTE , UGC , DEC , etc.

So , You cannot say that all deemed universities are not good because there are some deemed universities which has developed tehir status quite well as other Universities.

Some Of The Best Deemed Universities are :

* Vellore Institute Of Technology

* Birla Institute Of Technology - Pilani

* SRM University

* Jadavpur National University

All the universities mentioned above are quite reputed in terms of placement and the education they provide.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
13th April 2013, 07:04 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Deemed to be Universities are institutions which are not established as Universities through legislations, but which are declared as deemed to be universities as per Section 3 of the UGC Act.

These deemed to be universities have the following salient features;

[1] They concentrate on specific areas assigned to them on the basis of which they are declared as deemed to be Universities;

[2] They are autonomous in academic, administrative, finance, research, evaluation and extension aspects, etc., like other universities;

[3] There is enough scope for trying out and developing different models of leadership owing to their limited jurisdiction;

[4] Such institutions are able to enjoy closer and thicker contacts of students with persons involved in administration, teaching, research, extension and evaluation and thereby they generates an encouraging social ethos and enobling educational climate on the campus;

[5) Due to closer contacts among persons at different levels, it provides an opportunity for developing a participatory decision making process leading to healthier relations among members;

[6] As these institutions have a well identified focus, they can play an important role in the maintenance of standards in that area.

There are almost 130 deemed universities in India.Out of which 44 are in dangerous positions.The central govt. has decided to cancel the recognition of these universities.

But it does not mean that all deemed universities are bad. Some Deemed Universities are very good. A Deemed Status is given to a university after checking its academic record. Only good universities are given a Deemed status by UGC.

So if you are having doubts then ask about the university you are going to join to friends and relatives. Visit the University and take to the students studying there. Ask them about the teaching, academic, faculty. Visit the office to check with the placement records. Its always seen that that deemed universities have a very good placement record.
18th April 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Is jain university from banglore is recognised by ugc?
9th May 2013, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Datta meghe institute is recognised o nt..?????
2nd June 2013, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

is indian agriculture research insistitute new delhi pusa offer bsc agriculture also.
10th July 2013, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

sastra university is good university or nor for mtech vlsi?
14th July 2013, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

tell me how is agricultural instituite,allahabad,,shiats??
26th February 2014, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Is taking admission in VIT good??
3rd September 2014, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

i got seat in ms ramaiah university of applied science in real time embedded systems it is a deemed university is it ok it is still not approved by AICTE it is just approved by karnataka govt as private university so can i join there plz give your opinion i m in confusion because some are telling that if it is not aicte approved it will be problem when we passout & go for interview
7th October 2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for all government jobs after doing b.tech from deemed universitiy ?
17th February 2015, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

How is Tilak Maharashtra University, Pune.
I have passed out BCA from this university recently.
Am looking for Part time MBA from recognized institutes like NMIMS, WE School, JBIMS.
Am I eligible to take an admission.
My experience is around 5 years before completing Gaduation and 1 year after Graduation.(Including 9 month abroad experience)
16th August 2015, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Lovely professional university is a deemed university.Is it safe to do BBA there?
18th January 2016, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Is bharti vidyapeeth university delhi good for doing mba ? I'm very confused because it is a deemed university.
8th March 2016, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Is Bharatiya Vidhyapeeth university New Delhi is good University to do Part time MBA as it is a Deemed University
6th September 2016, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Is UGC conferring deemed university status to autonomous colleges now or the scheme is kept in abeyance
8th June 2017, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

How is bharti vidya peeth deemed university new law college pune for ug bba llb 5 year course ?
13th October 2020, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Is GD Goenka University is good for PhD in education, it has value like mdu ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?