26th August 2012, 01:18 PM
Pritam zade

Detailed Information regarding IES Exam? What syllabus should I prepare for IES Exam in ECE stream? Required Eligibility criteria to appear for this Exam?

I want information about exam pattern of IES ,syllabus for electronics & comm. & eligibility criteria

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus for IES Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?
  2. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for IES Exam in Civil Engineering? What syllabus should I prepare for this Exam? Top Coaching Centers for this Exam?
  3. Full details about IES exam including Syllabus? How to prepare for IES?
  4. What is IES? Details about this exam and syllabus of it?
  5. How to prepare for IES entrance exam?
  6. Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student
  7. Which are the best books for IES preparation? What is the syllabus for ECE?
  8. How may I prepare for the IES exam? I am first year BE student having ECE stream
  9. What is IES exam? What is to be done after clearing the exam? Validity of IES exam?
  10. How to prepare for IES exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? Am I eligible for IES exam pursuing my 1st year B.Tech?
  11. Information about IES-ECE entrance exam? I am a average student in engineering
  12. Detailed eligibility criteria for IES examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?
  14. What is the IES entrance exam syllabus for ECE branch?
  15. How should I prepare for UPSC IES exam(ECE Department)?
  16. How much is the salary(CTC) of an IES officer? Is it possible to crack the exam without joining coaching center? How to prepare for the exam?
  17. How to take IES exam in ECE? Books to be referred?
  18. How can I prepare for IES exam along with job? Study materials and tips for the preparation? -- [New]
26th August 2012, 05:16 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding IES Exam? What syllabus should I prepare for IES Exam in ECE stream? Required Eligibility criteria to appear for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritam zade View Post
I want information about exam pattern of IES ,syllabus for electronics & comm. & eligibility criteria

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year . This year examination was already completed and Next notification will be publish in the month of Feb or March in the official website of UPSC .

IES Examination is conducted for recruitment of four main branches and the branches are Civil Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Electrical Engineering , Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering . It is use to filled on the results of examination is expected to be approximately 560 including PH vacancies .

The posts like Indian Railway Service of Engineers , Railway Store Services , Central Engineering Service , Defence Service of Engineers , Ordance Factories Services , Assistant Executive Engineer .

Eligibility Criteria :-

You must be Citizen of India OR Subject of Bhutan OR Subject of Nepal etc .

You must have a Engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and studying in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply . There is no percentage bar required for this examination .

If you are not completed engineering degree then you are not eligible to apply . But if you are completed engineering then you are eligible . But your degree in Civil , Mechanical , Electrical , ETE .

Age limits :-
  • You must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years .
  • Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories .
  • SC/ST ==> 5 years .
  • OBC ==> 3 years .
  • PWD ==> 10 years .
  • Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years .

Syllabus of IES Examination :-
  • Materials And Components
  • Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs
  • Signals and Systems
  • Network Theory
  • Electromagnetic Theory
  • Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation
  • Analog Electronic Circuits
  • Digital Electronic Circuits
  • Control Systems
  • Communication system
  • Microwave Engineering
  • Computer Engineering

IES Exam Pattern :-

>> If you need further details Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES_syllabus Electronics.pdf(20.2 KB, 286 views)
26th August 2012, 05:27 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding IES Exam? What syllabus should I prepare for IES Exam in ECE stream? Required Eligibility criteria to appear for this Exam?

Since you have compelted B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, you are eligible for the IES exam. The full form of IES is Indian Engineering Services Examination. Just like several other exams, this too is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

The IES exam is conducted for the various engineering level posts in the central government departments. These departments include:

Indian Railways

Central Engineering Service.

Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts).

Indian Ordance Factories Services and many other.

Apart from Public Sector Undertaking jobs, IES exam is the only other way for Engineering candidates to get Engineering level jobs in the central government. These jobs are well paid and some of them also comes with perks.

Important thing to remember about IES exam is that only Engineering graduates of 4 streams are allowed to appear in this exam. These streams are;

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering.

Electronics and Communication Engineering

Eligibility

Only Indian Citizen is allowed to appear for IES Exam.

Age Limits:

The age limit for the IES exam is 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of the examination year.

There is relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST candidates.

Education

You need to have B.Tech degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics and Communiacation Engineering to appear in IES exam.

Final year students are also eligible for apply.

Exam Pattern

Indian Engineering Exam consists of 2 sections

Section 1 - Objective Papers

There would be three papers in the section 1. One paper would be on General English and General studies while remaining two would be on Engineering subject of the candidate.

Section 2 - Conventional Papers

There are 2 papers in the section 2 both related to the Engineering subjec of the student.
26th August 2012, 05:43 PM
jayks

Hello,

IES INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE

Union Public Service Commission conducts the exam for IES

::Eligibility criteria is::

Qualification::
- a candidate should be engineering graduate from any
recognized university in the following stream
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics & Communications Engineering
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-or equivalent degree from recognized universities.
-M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts
-a candidate as an appearing can also apply for the exam

Age limit
-a candidate's age should be between 21-30 for general
-for OBC upper age limit is 33 years
-for SC/ST candidate upper age limit is 35 years

Number of attempts
-for general-4 attempts
-for OBC- 7 attempts
-for SC/ST- no limits

SYLLABUS

IES syllabus cover 100% of your engineering syllabus except Maths, So throughly prepare for it and try to make your concept clear in all subject.
Try to solve last 10 years papers of IES,they will also help you .
This year date of submission of application form is over so try next year.

PLEASE FIND ATTACHMENT FOR SYLLABUS..

PREPARATION

EXAM PATTERN

for further details you can visit the link

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best...
Attached Files
File Type: doc IES Syllabus ..doc(50.5 KB, 194 views)
26th August 2012, 06:30 PM
i am sure
Member+

IES Eligibility Criteria

1).You must be Citizen of India

2).If you completed Your Graduation in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics and Communiacation Engineering to appear in IES exam.

3).Final year students are also eligible for apply.

4).The age limit for the IES exam is 21 to 30 years.

5).Age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
26th August 2012, 06:31 PM
i am sure
Member+

IES Eligibility Criteria

1).You must be Citizen of India

2).If you completed Your Graduation in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics and Communiacation Engineering to appear in IES exam.

3).Final year students are also eligible for apply.

4).The age limit for the IES exam is 21 to 30 years.

5).Age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
24th September 2012, 08:35 AM
vaishalinavadab

Dear Sir,
Final year students are allowed to write IES exam?
15th February 2013, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

sir cn AMIE students apply this exm????pls rpy
1st March 2013, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Detailed Information regarding IES Exam can be found here in regards to IES Syllabus: http://www.iesacademy.com/blog/ies-civil-engineering-syllabus/
1st March 2013, 02:22 AM
iesacademy123

Detailed Information regarding IES Exam syllabus can be found here: http://www.iesacademy.com/blog/ies-c...ring-syllabus/
26th May 2013, 01:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services Examination .IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.IES examination is generally conducted in the month of June in every year.

If you have completed your Bachelor Engineering Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But your engineering degree must be in CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also applicable for IES Exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

SC/ST ==> 5 years .
OBC ==> 3 years .
PWD ==> 10 years .
Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time

Pattern for IES exam :-

List of the Best IES coaching Center in India:-

I.E.S. Made Easy
44-A / 1, Kalu Sarai (Sarvapriya Vihar) New Delhi – 110016.
Phone: Delhi : 011-45124612 , 09958995830
Email id - [email protected]

IES Academy
IES ACADEMY,
25 , Jia Sarai, Near IIT, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 16
Ph: 011 - 26537570,
Mob: 09810958290

RAOS JAIPUR IAS/IES/RAS INSTITUTE
Address: 3 Kailash Vihar Lal Kothi Tonk Road
City: Jaipur
State: Rajasthan
Phone: 0141- 2742077 9314226621 921450583

Best Books for IES exam for ECE candidate

UPSC ES Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

IES-2012 UPSC Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

U.P.S.C. (IES) Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam of ECE department so please check it out.

For more information , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR ECE.pdf(83.6 KB, 148 views)
27th May 2013, 01:46 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Union Public Service Commission organizes Indian Engineering Services exam every year for one time in June month.

The educational qualifications regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in Engineering in these curricula from any approved institution. These curricula are below mentioned:-

1. Civil Engineering.
2. Mechanical Engineering.
3. Electrical Engineering.
4. Electronics &Telecommunication Engineering.

# Candidates must have finished their master degree in these curricula from any approved institution. These curricula are below mentioned:-

1. Wireless Communication.
2. Radio Physics.
3. Radio Chemistry.
4. Electronics.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor or master degree are also preferable for this exam.

Age limit and relaxation regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are assumed for OBC, SC/ST and PWD candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

No. of attempts regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

# General:- 4.

# OBC:- 7.

# SC/ST :- 9.

The syllabus regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam is below mentioned:-

The paragon regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

Thanks.
27th May 2013, 07:59 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Detailed Information regarding IES Exam? What syllabus should I prepare for IES Exam in ECE stream? Required Eligibility criteria to appear for this Exam?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

If you have completed engineering degree with below given department are applicable for IES exam then you are eligible for Indian Engineering Services Examination

♪♪ ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

♪♪ MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

♪♪ CIVIL ENGINEERING

♪♪ ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING

♪♪ Final year student also eligible for IES exam....

♪♪ General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

Relaxation on Upper Age:

♪♪ For OBC category : up to 33 years..

♪♪ For SC/ST category : up to 35 years..

♪♪ There are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit).....

♪♪ Citizenship of India....

Exam Pattern :-

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam of ECE dept. so , check it out...

All the best....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR ECE.pdf(83.6 KB, 118 views)
30th January 2014, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

i am belogs B.C(B) Category so how many attempts i have for ies...
16th June 2014, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i m power engg. Whether i am eligible for ies exam through mechanical branch??
In power engineering there are many subject of mechanical branch like thermodynamic, machine design, theory of machine, strength of machine, energy conversion,material science, manufacturing process, fluid power, heat transfer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?