7th July 2017, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Details on RBI intervention and foreign exchange rate management

Bring out the changes in India's exchange rate system 1991 how does RBI attempt to establish the exchange rate? I need to know some details on this to understand the process as it is needed for my study. Can you please guide me on this?

Related Questions:
  1. Paper pattern for economics in T.Y.B.Com?
  2. Foreign exchange management functions?
  3. Solved Model Question Papers for IBPS Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is BPLR in respect to educational loan? How to apply for educational loan to study MBBS?
  5. Nalanda Open University Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management- International Financial Management Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  6. Alagappa University Distance Education - BBM Degree Exam Foreign Exchange and Financing of Foreign Trade Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  7. Is there any curriculum of RBI in Fixed and Floating Interest rates for Nationalized Banks?
  8. What is meant by Repo and Reverse Repo? Why RBI use them?
  9. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  10. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  11. What kind of Questions will be asked in the Interview for Bank PO Recruitment?
  12. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  13. List of 10 differences between commercial bank and central bank?
  14. What kind of job is offered in RBI for B.Com(Computer Application) SC student? Detailed information and list of coaching classes for RBI recruitment exam?
  15. Is there any scope for visiting foreign countries after getting hotel management job?
  16. Any good college to do Hospital Management course in abroad?
  17. List of Banks offering an Education Loan of Rs. 4.75 Lacs to study PGDM through MAT in Udaipur? Interest rates charge against an education loan?
  18. How to prepare for Bank PO interview?
31st July 2017, 08:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details on RBI intervention and foreign exchange rate management

After BOP crisis in 1991, India went for LPG reforms. In exchange rate system, India moved from floating exchange rate to managed floating exchange rate system. In managed exchange rate system, when volatility is more, RBI intervenes and try to reduce it.

>>When there is excess of rupees in market and it is weakening as compared to dollar, RBI goes for dear money policy to suck out excess liquidity and manages exchange rate of rupee as compared to other currencies and vice versa.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?