4th March 2019, 05:49 PM
ushilpa03

Do I need to re-register for CA CPT after 15 years? Charges for re-registration?

Approx 15 years ago I got registered myself for CPT entrance exam conducted by ICAI. I appeared once but was not able to clear that attempt so I skipped. Now I want to continue my CA studies. So do I get my previous registration number or not? Or, do I need to re-register myself? And what are the charges for that?

17th March 2019, 10:21 PM
Verma_Ishwar

Default Re: Do I need to re-register for CA CPT after 15 years? Charges for re-registration?

Yes you nees to revalidate your registration as it ends in 3 year's
For CPT 300₹ is fees for revalidation.
18th March 2019, 12:17 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to re-register for CA CPT after 15 years? Charges for re-registration?

Once you register for the CPT, your registration is valid for a period of 3 years from the date the you become eligible to appear in CPT exam for the first time or for the period so long as you continues to appear in the examination regularly.
As you have made only 1 attempt for the CPT and its more than 3 years. SO, your CPT registration is lapsed.

You would need to re-register yourself by paying a nominal revalidation fee of Rs.500/-.
There is no time limit for revalidation, you can do it anytime.

You can click on the link to get more details on this:-
https://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=666
23rd March 2019, 11:50 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

You need to re-register for CA CPT after 15 years because registration is valid for 3 years after registration for CPT

Fee for revalidation is Rs. 300/- for each revalidation. Students are required to ensure that they have valid registration before filling examination form for Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?