16th December 2021, 06:18 PM
apurvasinghai

Does NMIMS 2 years part time MBA classroom based degree offered by Category A deemed to be university fulfil the basic eligibility for Assistant Professor?

I did my 2 years part time MBA from NMIMS (Category A, Deemed to be university). After that I cleared my UGC NET for Assistant Professor exam and applied to few MBA colleges for Assistant Professor position. Surprisingly, few colleges refused to accept my 2 years part time MBA degree from NMIMS saying that they are not sure if this degree is valid or not for Assistant Professor position. They asked for a document from NMIMS, but NMIMS refused to give any such document. As per NMIMS, being a Category A Deemed to be university, they have the autonomy to grant their own degrees. Due to this refusal to give a written document, I am in a huge problem. I have filed an RTI so waiting to get the reply. Meanwhile, can you please help me with the following queries:
- Does this 2 years part time MBA classroom based degree offered by Category A deemed to be university fulfil the basic eligibility for Assistant Professor?
- What is the validity of degrees offered by Category A deemed to be university? Thanks

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?