21st April 2023, 12:40 AM
SHANKAR K.

Is domicile require for xi STD admission in Mumbai?

I live in Vikhroli, my daughter will get her xi standard admission in June 2023. Whether she require domicile certificate for admission? As she is completed her play group to 10 th aducation in Mumbai. Also I was student of Mumbai univercity for my complete education. I am post graduate from Mumbai University. Please reply.

21st April 2023, 03:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is domicile require for xi STD admission in Mumbai?

Yes, its compulsory to have a domicile of Maharashtra to take admission in if you belong to Maharashtra state.

Following is the important list of required documents for the 11th class admission in Maharashtra:-

Marksheet 10th/12th
School Leaving Certificate
Caste Certificate
Non Creamy Layer Certificate
Caste Validity Certificate
Domicile Certificate.
21st April 2023, 05:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

A domicile certificate is an a essential document that serves as a proof of resistance for a State's citizen.

Documents required for 11th admission in Mumbai:-

Original marksheet ( SSC or Equivalent)
Original School Leaving Certificate
Original Caste Certificate
Non - Creamy Layer Certificate / Income Certificate
Domicile Certificate etc.
22nd April 2023, 01:50 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

In general, a domicile certificate is not required for 11th standard admission in Mumbai. However, the admission criteria and requirements may vary depending on the school or college you are applying to.

It's best to check with the specific school or college you are interested in applying to for their admission requirements and criteria. This information is usually available on their website or can be obtained by contacting the school directly.

Additionally, it's worth noting that some schools or colleges may have specific quotas or reservations for students from certain regions or districts, and in such cases, a domicile certificate may be required to prove eligibility for those quotas.
24th April 2023, 10:02 AM
NeptuneSpear

The requirements for admission to 11th standard vary depending on the educational institution and the education board. Generally, proof of domicile or residency may be required for admission to some schools, especially for government-funded schools. This is because these schools may prioritize admission for students who are residents of the local area. However, private schools may not require proof of domicile for admission.

It is best to check with the specific school or education board to determine their admission requirements for 11th standard. You can visit their official website or contact the admission office directly for more information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?