19th April 2018, 10:23 AM
Abu Hojaifa

Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG for NIOS student?

Hello Sir, I want to apply and appear in NEET-UG. But I have appeared my 12th Science Board exam from NIOS Board. So, am I eligible or not for appearing in NEET-UG? Please let me know about this asap.

26th April 2018, 09:18 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NEET-UG for NIOS student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination after completion of your 12th standard from NIOS Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% aggregate marks with English as one of the subject from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NEET examination. The age criteria required to apply for NEET examination is 17 to 25 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
26th April 2018, 12:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NEET is conducted by CBSE. It is conducted for admission in medical course.

Yes, candidates passed 12th or appearing for 12th are eligible to appear for NEET examination if they have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper with maximum 50%.

The age limit to appear for examination is 17-25 years.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for admission in the course.

For more information about NEET examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
26th April 2018, 03:04 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board and affiliated with Ministry of HRD.

The candidates passed 12th in PCB ( Physics, Chemistry, and Biology ) are eligible to appear for NEET examination.

The required aggregate in 12th board examination is 50%.

It is conducted by CBSE. The examination is conducted for admission in medical courses.

So, you can apply for examination next year.
26th April 2018, 04:01 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

If you have passed 12th through NIOS board then you are eligible to appear for NEET examination.

NEET examination is conducted for admission in medical course in government and private colleges.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 50% in PCB and minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of appearing for the examination.

For more information about NEET examination visit at www.neet.nic.in.
26th April 2018, 04:52 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NEET exam.

NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an national level entrance test conducted once in every year by CBSE.

The basic eligibility required to apply for NEET is a 10+2 or its equivalent education in PCB or its related subjects with minimum 50% from any recognised board.
The age should be between 17 - 25 years.

Since you have studied your 12th class education from NIOS, you are not eligible. The NEET will not the accept the candidates from NIOS/ Open school/ private candidates.

For more information you can visit the official website of NEET.
26th April 2018, 05:19 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. This is common entrance test for admission in MBBS and BDS courses throughout India.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in board exam of 10+2 and have studied subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

You have passed 12th from NIOS board then you are eligible for NEET examination.

For more information you can visit at www.cbseneeet.in.
26th April 2018, 09:57 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS certificates and marksheet is applicable for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is conducted by CBSE for admission in MBBS and BDS course. You are eligible for exam.

You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in senior secondary board examination. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required. You should wait for next year notification.
26th April 2018, 11:26 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Examination conducting body: CBSE.

Academic qualification: 10+2 from a recognized board with minimum of 50%marks.

Compulsory subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

NIOS students are eligible for NEET exam.
28th April 2018, 03:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination held by CBSE for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course across any government or private medical colleges in India excepts AIIMS and JIPMER.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board then I would like to let you know that you are eligible if your stream of academics include PCB group and your minimum marks in same subject group is 50% ( or 40% in case of reserved category candidates ) since NIOS is one of the national board of education in India..

For more details and FAQs related to NEET eligibility you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?