21st March 2019, 12:05 PM
Hemanth22

Eligibility to appear in NET for MTech Civil holder?

Hi friends, I have completed my MTech with Civil Engineering course. I want to appear in NET. So, I just want to know about the eligibility criteria for me to appear in NET. Please let me know about the eligibility criteria as soon as possible.

23rd March 2019, 08:44 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NET for MTech Civil holder?

Candidates having master's degree in relevant filled with minimum of 55% marks for general category from a UGC recognised University are eligible to appear in NET examination.
Basically the purpose of appearing for this exam is to enter into the field of teaching.
Also those interested in the research field need to appear for this exam along with the JRF exam. So you are eligible.
24th March 2019, 12:04 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test is organised by the The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) for Assistant professors and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.

Yes, you can certainly apply for the NET examination as you have already completed your masters .
The minimum educational qualification required is masters in any discipline.
You must have 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PH/VH categories).

You can visit the website www.ugc.nic.in for more information.
24th March 2019, 09:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in NET -

Candidate must hold masters degree in the relevant field with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University.

As you hold Mtech Civil degree, hence you are eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?