20th April 2018, 09:55 AM
Dillip kumar parida

Eligibility to apply in OTET for 48 years old candidate?

Hello everyone, I am 48 years of age. I want to apply in OTET for becoming a Teacher in a Primary School. So, I would like to know that with this age I am eligible to apply or not?

28th April 2018, 12:40 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in OTET for 48 years old candidate?

No, you are not eligible for applying to the OTET exam.

OTET (Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test) is conducted once in every year in the month of December by Odisha government.

The basic eligibility requirements are as follows:

- The candidate should have studied diploma/ graduation/ bachelors level degree or its equivalent education in any related subject with minimum 50% from any recognised university.
- The minimum age limit is 21 years.
- The upper age limit is 30 years. There is 5 years age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates & 10 years age relaxation PH candidates.

Since your age is 48 you are not eligible for applying to the OTET exam.
29th April 2018, 10:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination to get recruitment as teacher in government schools.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed higher secondary with minimum 50% and D.Ed qualification.

There is no age limit to appear for examination.

So, if you have the above mentioned qualification you can appear for examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for recruitment as teacher.
30th April 2018, 12:54 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no age limit to appear for OTET examination.

The required eligibility to appear in examination for recruitment as teacher in primary school is that candidate must have passed 12th and have diploma in education degree..

Candidates who have the required qualification are eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for the recruitment as teacher in primary school.
30th April 2018, 12:26 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

OTET refers to Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test and it is held by OSEB for recruitment of teachers across the state government schools.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for OTET being 48 years old then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible on the ground of age requirement for same examination which suggests that any candidate ageing 21 years or more are eligible for appearing in OTET.

Apart from age criteria, you are required to have completed your Class 12th along with D.Ed. degree course with at least 50% marks for your recruitment as teacher upto Class V. Further, if you have completed your graduation degree along with B.Ed degree course then you can apply for becoming teacher for Class VI to Class VIII also.

For more details regarding OTET you can refer to the link www.bseodisha.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?